Anybody Thought Of Doing This

Deleted member 20482

has anybody done this(see below)
...but was thinking of colour coding the black thin plastic things by the windows.
get feed up with it looking a bit dull from cleaning.... have tried various things to keep it sweet, but most fade away.:cry:

not sure what would be best paint to use? not sure if these are plastic or vinyl.:shrug:
i think i would need a primer 1st? but again which one, standard or one for plastic?:shrug:

anybody done this yet..

thanks all

caveo

Id just tint the windows so they were less noticable. Iv got a black lc and they ARE faded but less noticable on mine

davebnly

I LOVE BOOST!
Aug 27, 2006
Lancashire
Clean them with some 101 and a toothbrush if white marks are bothering you!!!!

They will b painted underneath, but i wouldnt want to try removing the glue they leave behind.

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
:no: Please don't do it...

badidea.jpg

Dec 19, 2006
too right don't do it looks poo without those black stickers, would some back to black work on it if you kept using it so the protective layers built up on it making them black for longer?

Deleted member 20482

back to black fades, tried it before..tried car oils....its the grainy white bits on the black that do me in....

so by the sounds of some of ya its a no go then?
do you lot think it will look crap then?

caveo

the reason its black even on a silver car is to make it look like 1 long window and to make it silver will make it even more obvious that its a 4 door car and detract from the sporty theme.

cupra_brown

Jul 27, 2005
why dont you get some stick on carbon fibre stuff and whack that on.
That's what is on the lcr and looks cool :)

Deleted member 20482

gonna try it messing about with the picture...chop it.. then look at it....

suppose i had better start with that tooth brush then......any one think spray or oil better to black it back up ?

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
The old GTi's mk1 golfs etc had blcak detailing around windows (nova gte's had it on the boot) etc so its a bit of an old "sporty look" but then its there to make the leons lines flow as well. I wouldnt colour code them but then its not my car.

With regard to Back to black, dont use it as it draws all the good bits out of the plastic and eventually it will be light grey and fooked. The MK1 boys use some special oil/paint to restore there bumpers which could be good

Deleted member 20482

well i aint gay mate, may just get some new black strips

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.