TomTom mount

Armitage SHanks

I'm really keen on the idea of sticking a TomTom 720 in my Altea XL but I don't go a lot on sucker mounts, those which protrude forwards from the dash or those which hang from a vent. Rather, I'd be looking to have something a bit more 'integrated' looking such as the 710 mount that you can order from the factory with a new model.

So, a few of questions:

1) Is it possible to order the 710 mount that is moulded for the car as a part?

2) Is it possible to retrofit the 710 mount?

3) Would the 710 mount be compatible with the 720?

4) Would I be able to wire the system properly into the radio to get the muting functionality and to hear the 720 through my car's speakers?

TIA

bobbycfc

Jun 6, 2007
Motherwell
AS not sure on any of your questions, although there has been a recent thread here about retro fitting TT, maybe start off by looking there?

My XL came with the optional mount and it is integrated into the stereo and has its pros and cons.

pros are that sound is great, clear etc.

Cons are that since it automatically mutes the radio, then it can be very annoying if for instance you are listening to sports commentary, news or a quiz as it keeps muting it at the crucial moments.

Another con is that I use it for bluetooth handsfree. Again its great that you hear the caller through the radio speakers, but unfortunately they only hear you from the built in mic on the TT unit! The suction TT holder that comes in the box has an input for an external mic which is supplied in the box, but the Seat mount does not have this which seems to be a stupid oversight!

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
1 + 2 ) yep ... :D

GO Integration Kit SEAT ALTEA LHD (<= careful here, LHD)
Seat Art. Nummer : 000051733
Juego Cabl
Preis 176,34 + 19% = 209,84 Euro

Set includes mount, cable and small ECU ... when fitted, will look like ...

TomTom7109437.jpg

3 + 4) dunno ... :shrug:

greets ... Klaus

Armitage SHanks

1 + 2 ) yep ... :D

GO Integration Kit SEAT ALTEA LHD (<= careful here, LHD)
Seat Art. Nummer : 000051733
Juego Cabl
Preis 176,34 + 19% = 209,84 Euro

Set includes mount, cable and small ECU ... when fitted, will look like ...

TomTom7109437.jpg

3 + 4) dunno ... :shrug:

greets ... Klaus

Thanks for that, Klaus - I'll give my local dealer a bell on the weekend and see what kind of a response I get.

On a separate note, since you seeme to be the guru when it comes to part numbers, do you know it the sprung cover that sits on top of the 12v cigarette lighter sockets has a part number? I want to remove the lighter from the socket in the front and tidy it up so a lid like the one in the boot and on the back of the centre console seems the best bet.

Also, if it is possible to order the cover as a part, is it possible to fit one to the front socket?

TIA

klawit

Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Hi ... lucky you ... ;) ... had this part on the list myself several months ago, as I thought of changing the lighter to the cap as well ... but ended up leaving the nice red lighted circle as it was, though never ever used the lighter.

=> 1P0 919 341 (btw. same for front & back)

greets ... Klaus

Last edited:

Armitage SHanks

Wow, that's what I call service - thank you very much, Klaus.

I'll give the part number to my dealer on the weekend.

Have a virtual beer on me!!!

klawit

Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Thx for the beer ...

but make sure, it'll really fit for your model ... there have been some (prefix) changes in partnos 5P0 / 1P0 / 1J0 ... and insist on the one with the cap.

But your dealer should look that up according to your vehicle ident no.

greets ... Klaus

AttyNW

Aug 28, 2006
Warrington, Cheshire
Cons are that since it automatically mutes the radio, then it can be very annoying if for instance you are listening to sports commentary, news or a quiz as it keeps muting it at the crucial moments.

Does it still mute the radio even if the TomTom is set to play sound through its internal speaker.
I'm only askin as i have noticed this setting on my 710

Atty

Apr 13, 2007
Does it still mute the radio even if the TomTom is set to play sound through its internal speaker.
I'm only askin as i have noticed this setting on my 710

On mine at least, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't - doesn't seem to matter what the TomTom is set to :shrug:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.