BHP figure ???

jam666999

Mar 2, 2004
Northants
Visit site
Iv tried searching through the forum, for people posting about similar mods etc or just general estimates. But i cant seem to find much. I just want a rough idea what bhp i should be running i know its not gonna be much, but im goin on an RR day soon and would like to see if its anywhere near predicted.

Iv Got a forge 007p, N249 bypass, Raid carbon maxxflow enclosed induction kit, forge TIP and for some reason iv never looked but im assuming its a full supersprint system, il have to check could just be a back box:doh:

any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Jam

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
170max,

The DV and N249 removal wont improve the BHP at all. Tip will probably free up a few due to the improved airflow, but dont expect miracles.

jam666999

Mar 2, 2004
Northants
Visit site
Havnt had a map yet as thats the last thing im gonna do, after exhaust, sports cat and FMIC i dont expect massive power gains at all. Just wasnt to sure roughly what id be running as a friend saw a rough 12bhp from a K&N on his Fiesta ST. Thanks for the help. Would have been good to see yours SI, How come your so confident with those figures do you know something i dont lol.

Smoki333

Dec 20, 2005
Wiltshire
160bhp IF its running right.

I'd second that, as i had standard map, ko3s, full turbo back, tip, air filter and so on, before mapping was only running 163bhp 170ish lbs of torque which i couldn't believe as it was quick then.

Once mapped 206bhp and 270lbs of torque ;)

I lov torque!:D

Don't expect to much without a map.

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
I'd second that, as i had standard map, ko3s, full turbo back, tip, air filter and so on, before mapping was only running 163bhp 170ish lbs of torque which i couldn't believe as it was quick then.

Once mapped 206bhp and 270lbs of torque ;)

I lov torque!:D

Don't expect to much without a map.

why's youe bhp so low? or is that at the wheels? don't you have an fmic?

I'm getting mine RR'd on Sat with same mods and I'm hoping for more like 230bhp!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Dont do the trial as that would be a waste of time.

I said 160 as you havent really added any mods that would increase power.

I'm goin for 159.3 and 181lbs/ft.

Smoki333

Dec 20, 2005
Wiltshire
why's youe bhp so low? or is that at the wheels? don't you have an fmic?

I'm getting mine RR'd on Sat with same mods and I'm hoping for more like 230bhp!

I had a custom map by will @ Performance Torque, and its a progressive map so not to put to much strain on the turbo, it doesn't spike like revo and some others which give that sharp pull the tail off real quick but just pulls clean all the way through to redline ish. (I was told by him, if i've got that right)

When i saw the bhp, i thought it was real low, as i was lookin for more 230+.
I think the reading is from the flywheel though.

Believe me on the road its so driveable, foot down any gear an she goes.

Mods are : FMIC, TIP, DV, Filter, Turbo back, k03s

I ain't complaining when you can keep up with a Porsche Cayman S.

Its all about Torque.:funk:

Smoki333

Dec 20, 2005
Wiltshire
Iv tried searching through the forum, for people posting about similar mods etc or just general estimates. But i cant seem to find much. I just want a rough idea what bhp i should be running i know its not gonna be much, but im goin on an RR day soon and would like to see if its anywhere near predicted.

Iv Got a forge 007p, N249 bypass, Raid carbon maxxflow enclosed induction kit, forge TIP and for some reason iv never looked but im assuming its a full supersprint system, il have to check could just be a back box:doh:

any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Jam

Have a look and see if its a full turbo back you have/ cat back or just a back box cause that could make all the difference in torque readings.

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
Believe me on the road its so driveable, foot down any gear an she goes.

Mods are : FMIC, TIP, DV, Filter, Turbo back, k03s

I ain't complaining when you can keep up with a Porsche Cayman S.

Its all about Torque.:funk:

same mods as me. tbh I'd be peeved if i made 206bhp as thats what I made with k03 without TIP or FMIC....but as you say its all about how it is on the road :)

ian_cupra

am gonna say in with 163bhp and 186ft/lb

its not all about the power its producing, its how it goes on the road/track, i'm similar mods to you guys with k03s. i've had mine RR'd twice, once at awesome and other jbs,
awesome results - 221bhp fly, 212bhp wheels, 281ft/lb
jbs results - 220bhp fly, 193bhp wheels, 225ft/lb

there a big difference in torque, but i think maf was buggered at jbs, as T/C light came on 5 mins after on way home :(

Munky

Jul 21, 2005
Northants
..... as a friend saw a rough 12bhp from a K&N on his Fiesta ST.

Paul's ST? Wasn't that at Jamsport? As far as i know them rollers are known for over reading.. I think even standard ST's that went on that day were up 7/8bhp..

How come your so confident with those figures do you know something i dont lol.

Just a guess.. When i had the same mods as you i got 171bhp and 181ft lb torque at Northampton MotorSport so i guess you'll get around the same.., only difference with the Silverstone RR probs being better than the NMS one and giving a slightly lower more accurate reading..

Looks like it'll be a good day anyways :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.