Diagnostic Scanner

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Are there any Seat compatible Diagnostic scanners on the market that I can use without having to use my laptop directly ? If not can anyone recommend anything to me that I can use on my Arosa and how the devil I use it all !!! I have just tried with a friends universal scanner and it detected nothing at all :( but there is something wrong as my car is burning rich, the emissions are quite high and it keeps stalling, so I know something is wrong.

longman

Stumped!
Mar 13, 2007
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Boo, I think there are some about but I can't remember the names of them I am afraid.

I am happy to have a look with VAG COM if you like, although i can't make the next Kent meet.... That would be a perfect time i guess. (Chatted with you and Vicky last month)

Let me know if you need me to help!

Rob

v-g

is an alien.
Mar 10, 2004
Nowhere near, i.e. Norway.
Are there any Seat compatible Diagnostic scanners on the market that I can use without having to use my laptop directly ?

I've used a cheap little stand-alone thingy from United Intelligence Technology Co.'s OBDII CTOOLS in the past.
Worked great together with their manual with an overview of fault codes.
It also clears fault codes.

But I think a proper VAG-COM set-up is the best way.

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Cheers Rob I have ordered a VAGcom Cable from Ross Tech so hopefully I should get it all sorted out. Its all to do with emissions and my mechanics universal scanner is crap :D I agree Vidar definately better just to go for the VAGcom

v-g

is an alien.
Mar 10, 2004
Nowhere near, i.e. Norway.
Cheers Rob I have ordered a VAGcom Cable from Ross Tech so hopefully I should get it all sorted out. Its all to do with emissions and my mechanics universal scanner is crap :D I agree Vidar definately better just to go for the VAGcom

I like the "smart" cables from Ross Tech. The fact that they acts as a "dongle" are very nice. Not pc dependent.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise