Remapping Ont Seat Ibiza Cupra 180.

shama86

are they less stable with fewer bolts? how are ur eibach spacers? had any problems?
Is it necessary to remove the fins?

shama86

ive read people seem to recomend "hubcentric" spacers! i may have a lil seach on them!
evo u mentioned earlier "4 bar FPR - from a passat" how does that improve performance?

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
The standard injectors are calibrated to deliver a certian amount when there is 3 bar of fuel pressure across them. What this means is that when there is a complete vacuum in the cylinder, as there is with the throttle closed on overrun, the fuel pressure needs to be 3 bar. When there is 1 bar in the cylinder (partial throttle opening) the fuel pressure needs to be 4 bar. To achieve this, all cars, not just turbo ones, have a fuel pressure regulator mounted on the injector rail. This device has a pipe going to the inlet manifold, and its job is to ensure that the fuel pressure is always MAP(Manifold Air Pressure) + 3 Bar. To increase the fuel flow, you could change the Fuel Pressure regulator to a 4 (or even 5) bar device. This would increase the fuel flow rate by 20 to 30 %.

But you need to map the car for a 4bar fpr, it will could **** your car if you just put one in.

Last edited:

shama86

bet the price of your fuel bill also shoots up!! so in theory your just putting more fuel into the cylinders when they fire?
Ric would your recommend your jabba sport rear anti roll bar?? just been reading about it! sounds very tempting! that along with the spacers must improve the handling a fair bit?

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
MPG has actually gone up and not down, only a bit though

Jabba antiroll bar is great, back end is kept in check, good fun round rounderbouts, backend has stopped stepping out on the power. Look around though check out the jabba post around this section someone recons you can get a front and rear one for the price I paid for just the rear.

Image007-1.jpg

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
just read through the thread again, and from what i gather, just getting a green panel filter and smoothing the standard airbox will give me the same/similar performance upgrades as to going down the route of getting a BMC/CAI/dynotwist, etc induction kit.

have heard of smoothing the airbox before, but never actually looked into doing it. how hard is it? does it take long to do? has anyone got any pics of before/after of the airbox once smoothed?

cheers for all the info lads, is becoming a very useful thread, as like some of the others, am not a genius when it comes to engines and i want to get the best performance out of what alreay is a pretty quick car!

shama86

Ric do u think a front anti roll bar is a good buy? i was on the jabba web site and a rear roll bar costs £210, is that roughly what u paid??
thanks for the pic looks good! did u get a garage to fit it or were u able to do it?

Cupra im sure a good soldid pair of scissors and some sand paper would be enough to smooth down the fins!

Ric does your DV make any noise?

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Did the roll bar myself 20min tops hardest part was molding the clips around the torsion beam. Which is just out of shot.

DV doen't make a noise, but you can hear the dump through the air filter, because there is no shield to it. Gets annoying after awhile unless you like that sort of thing. Nothing comparred to a scooby. Also bypass the N249 value, but again only do this if you have uprated the original DV.

The price is exactly what I payed but that included delivery. Couldn't tell you about the front one, but you already have one unlike the back end.

shama86

yeah my m8 has a scooby! it sounds amazing! awesome bit of kit! although he says the dump valve does get a little annoying! he had a leon cupra 180bhp he mentioned something about a "waste scape"? does that mean anything? it made an awesome noise! so my cupra already has a front anti roll bar? what was that valve u mentioned that id have to by pass? (sorry bit of a novice with all the terms)

EB20VT

Feb 5, 2005
West Yorkshire
yeah my m8 has a scooby! it sounds amazing! awesome bit of kit! although he says the dump valve does get a little annoying! he had a leon cupra 180bhp he mentioned something about a "waste scape"? does that mean anything? it made an awesome noise! so my cupra already has a front anti roll bar? what was that valve u mentioned that id have to by pass? (sorry bit of a novice with all the terms)

I think you might mean a wastegate, couldn't tell you what is though. Check out wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wastegate

shama86

thanks for that EB20VT!

Ric are u saying the waste gate valve is the NJ49 valve??
can u tell me any more about the valves? and all these diverent letters?
lil confused about all that, not the most knowlegable about all this!

cheers 4 the help lads!

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.