can not make my mind up

adrian2006uk

hello have been looking for a cupra r for a few weeks now but can not find a mint one
what do people think about the red can not make my mind up on the red colour

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
When I bought mine it was a toss up between red and black
I'm into keeping car spotless (or I was until first baby came along) and black is the best colour for showing this off. Consequently it is the worst to keep looking clean
And its widely know that the black cars are the fastest ones;)

adrian2006uk

just can not decide on the red if its to in your face

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Get it in purple. At least it'll be unique.

RickC won't agree :p

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55810&highlight=purple

DSC05128.jpg

IOMMAN

Mar 13, 2004
Isle of Man
Hi I had a red one for 3years from new and then traded it in for another red car but not a Cupra R this time. If your looking for a red one the Car people at Manchester have my old Cupra R up for sale for £10800 its a 04 with 28000 on the clock and a few mods that I did'nt tell them about.

vinylrichy

Darker Than The Vinyl
Aug 3, 2006
Worthing West Sussex
yeah black is soooooooo painfull when you wash it, then after 2 mins of driving it looks dirty again! yellow looks wicked and red looks good too - personally I would go for yellow next time (thats more in ya face than red - surely?!?!) - although when in black and it looks like you could eat your dinner off it it does make you look twice [B)]

cheekyboy_123

Red is a nice colour to have IMO..
I used to have a Red 320Ci BMW - looked lovely when washed and waxed..I loved the colour!

Caution though - Red can be more prone to oxidise (i.e colour fading like the yellow Cupras ) if not looked after..

Apart from that - go for it!

porki

Mull Fember
Jul 26, 2007
Tunbridge Wells - Kent
personally for me i looked at a few and i thought that the red was too in your face, that the black would be too much hard work to clean and hid the curves and stuff a bit much for me... so i went for the platinum, a good compromise and looks great dirty!

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
If you're worried about getting too much attention then don't go for the red - its very bright and attention grabbing - I personally love it and will be replacing my Leon with another red car soon (hopefully a LCR :D)

Jan 3, 2006
East Kilbride
If you want to stick out then red or yellow!

Black is lovely when clean and polished up but shows up the dirt and swirl marks pretty badly...

If you want to blend in with the croud a bit then silver or grey...

shamoo

Jan 3, 2007
i had the same prob when i bought mine, red or black, but deep down i knew i wanted black even if it was a b!tch to keep clean, i almost bought a red one but the deal fell through, (had white wheels, was nice) buy the car you truly want no matter how in your face or hard it is to keep clean, then you wont regret it :D

Mike Green

Cupra crazy
May 4, 2007
Surrey
As said above the red looks nice but I know of 2 people who have had problems with fading red, then the only option was a respray. They certainly stand out more.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.