• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Undertray & Dogbone

briggd01

May 30, 2007
Bracknell, Berks
Right after my bottom undertray fell down today on the motorway and looking at i now need to replace [:@]

That ain't cheep either, left side right side and main bottom comes to £189.00 from Seat.

So pick up parts tomorrow, good thing my Dog Bone arrived from the good old boys at Powerflex, so i'll hopefully be having the lot up on my mates car ramp tomorrow to do the dog bone then replace the under tray.

Will take pictures and document the whole process if that helps anybody?

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
The 16v gets more air round the ottom of the engine without the cover, I took mine off for a trackday early on in the ownership of my old 16v and it stayed off. It also helped make a more manly noise on coastdown as it wasnt muffling the noise. Tell them you dont want it.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
They stop water splashes, dampen noise and give a small amount of protection to belts and the sump.
In the real world very bloody little as water will still get in if its wet outdoors and the belts are fine.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Mines didnt realy come with one, my front bumper has been upgraded? but thinking of fitting one to prevent scarpes to my sumps as it scarpes on some ramps. does the under tray attach to front bottom bumper?

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
Kind of mate but it wont be your sump scraping on ramps, your bumper and splitter (if you have one) will tell you first. Dont forget adding an undertray adds another 3-5 inches drop for the first point of contact to ramps and bumps so do you really want to use your engine tray as a buffer while its connected to a load of other plastics that are just asking to be ripped off including your bumper?

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Kind of mate but it wont be your sump scraping on ramps, your bumper and splitter (if you have one) will tell you first. Dont forget adding an undertray adds another 3-5 inches drop for the first point of contact to ramps and bumps so do you really want to use your engine tray as a buffer while its connected to a load of other plastics that are just asking to be ripped off including your bumper?

Im mainly concered on the sump from scarping, when fitting my dog mount, saw plenty of scrapes on the sump near the oil nut which looks very close! Thats is true dont brake the under tray follwed by the bumper getting torn off at the same time.

Lecatona HPFP (High-pressure Fuel Pump Upgrades)