Tracking issue with Ibiza's? (knackering tyres)

Oct 31, 2006
Lichfield, Staffs
My Ibiza hasn't got this problem - but I had the tracking checked at 8000 miles when I had a blowout. Currently on 18.5k miles (at 9 months old) and about to replace the standard Dunlop SP2000's - which have worn evenly across the whole tyre!

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
My Ibiza hasn't got this problem - but I had the tracking checked at 8000 miles when I had a blowout. Currently on 18.5k miles (at 9 months old) and about to replace the standard Dunlop SP2000's - which have worn evenly across the whole tyre!

You must be one of the lucky ones, your car is quite new tho, maybe seat have finally sorted it out??? :confused:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
my p-zero nero's lasted about 2years unless the bloke that sold it to me never mentioned he had new tyres

a11y

2 wheels better...
Jul 18, 2007
Central Scotland
Well that's mine on 25.5k miles and needing it's third set...

Mind you, all wear so far (apart from the past 4 weeks) has been down to the previous owners. Hoping I can get around 15k out a set (managed 16k in my Clio, rotating tyres back to front, etc). But I doubt it ;)

EB20VT

Feb 5, 2005
West Yorkshire
Exact same thing has happened to all my sets of front tyres (just had my 4th set after 36k) and thats even after i've had full laser alignment twice to SEAT factory spec.

cuprakel

Feb 10, 2006
Lanarkshire
im at 20k and just fitted my 3rd set of front tyres. just replaced the rears for the 1st time. iv always had even wear, but since i got the new tyres fitted last week it feels like its pulling very slightly to the left. as its very slight im not in a hurry to get them fixed but seeing this thread has scared me, thats some shocking wear!!

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
MMMMMMMM must be doing somthing wrong with mine then

10k miles still got 4.5mm across the board on both of the original fronts :)

standard suspension BTW

a11y

2 wheels better...
Jul 18, 2007
Central Scotland
^Not trying hard enough :p

Cuprakel: 10k from a set of tyres that have lived on the front isn't bad in a car like the Ibiza IMO! Good going. Mine doesn't pull to the left at all (although I've not driven it since Saturday - damn tyres).

Ally

cuprakel

Feb 10, 2006
Lanarkshire
a11y;1522042 Cuprakel: 10k from a set of tyres that have lived on the front isn't bad in a car like the Ibiza IMO! Good going. Mine doesn't pull to the left at all (although I've not driven it since Saturday - damn tyres). Ally[/QUOTE said:
yeah i wasnt really complaining about the tyres, i could have got another 1-2k miles out them i think, but i felt like treating myself to loads of grip in preparation for decking it!!!! gonna need to find somewhere to check the tracking though, but round here i dont know where is good, im not very happy with the service i got at the place i got them fitted so reluctant to go back there. iv always avoided kwik fit, national tyre etc etc but i dunno what other folk think of them, can they be trusted to sort my tracking!? :confused:

hope u get to drives urs soon, its a horrible being seperated from your car, especially so early in your relationship:lol:

a11y

2 wheels better...
Jul 18, 2007
Central Scotland
Cuprakel: if you don't mind the drive, I've used a guy in Bonnybridge before - ProGrip (Unit 8 Canal Bank Est, Canal Bank Ind Est,Seabegs Rd, Bonnybridge, Stirlingshire FK4 2BP Tel: 01324 810111). Small independent place, excellent service. The owner John really knows his stuff and I used him to set up my H&R coilovers on my old Clio - he spent about 90mins working on mine chatting away all the time and only charged me about £40. Full 4-wheel Hunter (I think) laser alignment, set up my camber, toe-in (or toe-out in the case of the Clio), top bloke. Very good reputation with the Scooby and Type R clubs too.

Nah, it's through choice that I cycle to work most days - only 4 miles away so hardly worth getting the car out LOL. Only thing is the hill on the way there is like \ great fun, but on the way home that means it's like / - no fun trying to pedal up that...

Tyres hopefully on this weekend though, just been told they're not actually legal at the moment after all as there needs to be "visible tread" across the whole width of the tyre. Honestly didn't know that. Oops... :redface:

cuprakel

Feb 10, 2006
Lanarkshire
nah thats ideal i work in cumbernauld so its just down the road! might give him a go, but u've just reminded me im gettin coileez fitted (if they wld hurry up n get here!) so i'll maybe be better waiting till after that! prob be gettin them fitted at bedrock veedubs but im pretty sure he doesnt have tracking equipment - cld be wrong tho. plus i might be lucky n see a UFO whilst in bonnybridge! cheers mate!

funkymonkey

quite glad i looked in here tonight. at least i know now what has been causing my tyre problems of the last couple of days! (yesterday the drivers side front tyre was completely shredded - and I mean shredded, had about 10ft of tyre like a string, wrapped around the back of my brakes. Spare wheel didnt bloody fit the car!! tonight noticed the front passenger tyre is bald on the inside and down to the wire in bits - but not in any pattern, just at random ares around the inner part of the tyre) so car on axle stands for 2nd night.

Was really panicking as i didnt know what had caused it (and outer edges of both tyres pretty much like new) so now feeling less anxious!!!! Thanks guys!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.