Split pipe, Help Please

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Noticed quite an oily residue on the charge pipe, after closer inspection, noticed the smaller pipe on the picture was split almost in half.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a replacement. Thanks.

SPM_A0015.jpg

Aug 30, 2004
Stockport
Noticed quite an oily residue on the charge pipe, after closer inspection, noticed the smaller pipe on the picture was split almost in half.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a replacement. Thanks.

SPM_A0015.jpg

Phil speak to Hairy, he had a similar problem recently. Dealer wanted £250 for a new pipe, he got 3mts of hose from Forge £20 iirc. We were talking on this very topic on Sunday at Brands.

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Keith,

I remember him saying, not sure if it was the same pipe but the theory is the same.

Phil, cant push it back on, what you cant see is the 2 inch split on the other side which runs parallel with the pipe. !

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Phil speak to Hairy, he had a similar problem recently. Dealer wanted £250 for a new pipe, he got 3mts of hose from Forge £20 iirc. We were talking on this very topic on Sunday at Brands.

Ok, so this is where i show my mechanical ignorance,

1. What does this pipe do
2. Why is it shaped like it is, ie with a kink in it etc.

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
I had this go on mine, as a temp fix I used some fuel line and ordered the new part from SEAT, dont think it was that expensive but does come with the bigger one which goes to the DV. They are wrapped together so come as one.

You must have been loosing some pressure, I could hear mine when it split.

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
soory to hijack this thread but does anyone know if the boost pipe that this hose conects to is EXactly the same on a TT as it is on a LCR.
Hopefully this wont clog up this thread but i didn't see the point in starting a seperate thread

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
soory to hijack this thread but does anyone know if the boost pipe that this hose conects to is EXactly the same on a TT as it is on a LCR.
Hopefully this wont clog up this thread but i didn't see the point in starting a seperate thread

I beleive it is mate, the person who i bought this charge pipe from was also selling them to the TT boys, so assume its an identical pipe.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Yep, the charge pipe is exactly the same.

Phil - I've seen a few go like that, from memory the dealer wants £44 as it comes in a set (as sortbilly said). You'll deffo be loosing boost. I had wondered if it was to do with cheap hose clips and overtightening, so I'm sorry if that's my fault, but I can vouch for the clips and I'm fairly sure I didn't overtighten. Plus, looking at your picture, the radial split in the hose isn't in line with the edge of the hose clamp :think:

Edit: Mine you, didn't you say that the dealer had your original charge pipe off for some reason?

Sie and I got some forge hose when ours went - much better although it can be difficult to get it to bend around the mounting for the engine cover. I think I still have some if you fancy a trip over (although I'm away from tomorrow morning).

Another temp fix is some LPG pipe from B&Q which is the correct size.

The dealers are useless when it comes to tightening up hoses, i had my car in for some work to do with the turbo coolant hose and when i got it back i found that they had tightened up the TIP hose so much it did pretty much the same as described by Empi5.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Ok, so this is where i show my mechanical ignorance,

1. What does this pipe do
2. Why is it shaped like it is, ie with a kink in it etc.

1) It's the hose to your N75 Phil. Get a silicon asap, your wastegate won't be working properly.
2) on the LC, it's to keep the pipe away from the manifold heat. Perhaps they just used the LC pipe on the LCR as there was no point in making a variation. :shrug:

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Cheers Dave,

Ive just had another go at it, and there is quite a bit of excess pipe, so ive just cut off the split bit and re attached it, Im quite chuffed with myself actually. !

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.