Ramair Maxflow Induction

payno

Apr 18, 2007
Westmidlands.
Anybody on here had any maf problems after fitting a Ram air maxflow,mine seems to be faulty after a couple of weeks with the Ram air fitted.
The thing im worried about now is that if i fit a new MAF how long is it going to last.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Anybody on here had any maf problems after fitting a Ram air maxflow,mine seems to be faulty after a couple of weeks with the Ram air fitted.
The thing im worried about now is that if i fit a new MAF how long is it going to last.

A number of people have had problems after fitting a new RamAir.
a) you need to make sure it's mounted so body shocks are not transmitted to it.
b) the increased airflow will make a failing MAF give up the ghost.
c) ................... I've been through ten good (non-ebay) MAFs ;) (The RamAir is still on the car)

Last edited:

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Ive been through 4 MAFs with the Ram Air on, the Ram Air is no more, smoothed air box with green panel filter, been good ever since.

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
I expect the maf was either damaged during installation of the filter, they're very delicate. Or you've mounted it with the bracket and vibration has killed it. Afaik there's no other way a RamAir filter could kill the maf, they're not oily.

Mine has been fine but mine doesn't have the bracket, it's supported with a scrunched up sponge!! Isolates it a treat and costs peanuts, can't see it either :)

payno

Apr 18, 2007
Westmidlands.
Before i bought the ramair it seemed like a lot of people on here had them fitted,now i don't know what to do.
What is a smoothed box and geen panel filter,on my TT i had a K&N panel filter and had holes drilled in the box,is this the same.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
I installed my Ram Air badly and killed a MAF........I admit I was hamfisted and probably deserved it.........sounded cool though...............yes I am a chav in disguise (I wear Burberry underpants)

Green is the Make, they make nice quality cotton airfilters
Airbox, no holes, just cut down and smooth the ribs in the base of the std Airbox, to reduce turbulence, maybe make the intale hole slightly large too

payno

Apr 18, 2007
Westmidlands.
I installed my Ram Air badly and killed a MAF........I admit I was hamfisted and probably deserved it.........sounded cool though...............yes I am a chav in disguise (I wear Burberry underpants)

Green is the Make, they make nice quality cotton airfilters
Airbox, no holes, just cut down and smooth the ribs in the base of the std Airbox, to reduce turbulence, maybe make the intale hole slightly large too

Do you still have the Ramair on.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.