• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Dogbone bush mini-review

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
£15 from Awesome

+ massively reduced wheel 'hop' when the fronts break traction

- Bit more noise and vibration when pulling away at low speeds but barely noticeable. Has the bizarre effect of making the exhaust seem louder.

Didn't notice any change in throttle response or anything like that.

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
Just had mine done & it does make a marked difference.

Well worth the money, along side an S3 Lower strut it's gotta be the best £15 quid ever spent!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
One of the best mods to be honest. Made a nice difference when I had mine done. Power goes straight to the wheels now and stops the car nose rising up like a beast.

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
well obviously you shouldn't be getting wheel hop if your driving miss daisy to the shops but with every day driving you do notice a little more throttle is required

smiff

Jun 14, 2006
stoke on trent
These are a realy good cheap mod well worth doing i found it to be a little harsh at first sending alot of vibration into the cabin but this eased off after a few hundred miles:)

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Curiously, I thought it helped with the turn-in on mine. I assumed this was down to the engine wafting around less as you chucked it in.

Helped with overall grip out of the bends etc, not just from a standing start.

Just in case someone gets, what they feel is, excessive vibration some people said it was down to the bolts being torqued up correctly. Another solution I read was to up the idle (revs) speed with vag-com :D

Matt Cupra R

Jan 13, 2006
Berkshire
Also I think it makes more difference on Cupra's than LCR's with the lower strut already fitted. I changed mine at the weekend and yes you can tell a difference, but I have read some reviews where people have said it has stopped completely the hop and loss of traction. I still lose traction but it has deffinately reduced the severity of the hopping. Easy DIY job also, took me longer taking off the guard. I am sure I could do the whole job in under 30 mins second time round.

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
The standard rubber bush has a void in it, i.e a hollow section all the way around and is very squishy. No wonder the wheels are bouncing up and down when they spin.

Cupraloon

£15 from Awesome

+ massively reduced wheel 'hop' when the fronts break traction

- Bit more noise and vibration when pulling away at low speeds but barely noticeable. Has the bizarre effect of making the exhaust seem louder.

Didn't notice any change in throttle response or anything like that.

Yeah, did mine a few weeks ago, best £15.00 you can spend, IMHO, and oddly it does seem to make the exhaust seem louder.. :confused:

It's also stopped the wheel hop breaking hard comming to a stop and the tcs's isn't comming on any where near as much as it did before the bush...

And the harshness goes away over a few weeks.

Phil K

Here's your sign
Oct 18, 2004
Surrey darling...
Also I think it makes more difference on Cupra's than LCR's with the lower strut already fitted. I changed mine at the weekend and yes you can tell a difference, but I have read some reviews where people have said it has stopped completely the hop and loss of traction. I still lose traction but it has deffinately reduced the severity of the hopping. Easy DIY job also, took me longer taking off the guard. I am sure I could do the whole job in under 30 mins second time round.

Welcome to try to do mine in under 30 minutes if you like matey - I'll pass you the tools :D

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
does anyone with a TDI find that its nosier on tick over

i.e. the steering wheel shakes a touch

Yep, it shakes like a s###ing dog.

I hate it when I'm crawling along in traffic and wish I still had the original "jelly" one fitted but as soon as I get onto the quiet roads it's great and I love it.

Lecatona HPFP (High-pressure Fuel Pump Upgrades)