How much have u spent on mods?

danmay

Fast cars, shooting stars
Mar 25, 2007
Stafford
www.myspace.com
this is a right cheeky question but if you don't ask you'll never know eh ;)

how much have people spent on mods altogether, not including the price of the car in the first place?
My mates (and me mother) reckon i've spend a fortune on mine, i've estimated my spend so far to be about £850 which includes the wheels and tires, sub, stereo etc, just wondering how that compares to others!

probably won't compare in the slightest, but that's what i want, to prove em all wrong :funk: lol

bandit77

Apr 28, 2005
Nr Preston
i worked out i spent just over £3000 on my leon, my girlfriend made me sit down and work it all out

i did have to buy two sets of wheels though. originally i had a set of azev a's which cost a bit, but i squashed one with a ramp. paid £200 quid for a refurb then sold them for only the cost of the refurb :( and bought some rs4 replicas

rest was on leather/suede interior, intake pipes, CDA carbon induction kit, suspension, full blueflame exhaust, strut braces front and rear, the list goes on.

then i sold it:blink:

danmay

Mar 25, 2007
Stafford
www.myspace.com
lol, nice.... liking the Honda, they don't need much to make cool, flash of carbon here and there and it's sorted :)

so that's one on my list to show ppl ;) keep em comin!

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
About £30, that includes buying new rear lamps and delocking the door.

All the accessories on my car were thrown in when it was new, I only pay for servicing :)

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
this will be a laugh :lol: ive spent

approx £10320 on mods and wear and tear (tyres brakes ect) no wonder every1 thinks im mad :blink: worth every penny

Last edited:

gazjones

3.5k on the ibiza on mods then about 400 on tyres and break pads so just shy of 4k

mods on r32 under 20 quid and its not fitted yet! cars always trying to be fixed!

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Around £260 on the Cupra for a new HU as I got the rest thrown in when I bought it, but considerably more for my old Ibiza TDI Sport.

sooty22

sooty22
Dec 28, 2006
nera richmond north yorks
dare to thnk at the mo around 1700 so far includes wheels revo stereo/ satnav repairs and list goes on, worrying thing it the trip to allards in 2 weeks... stage 3 conversion here we come

dirtking84

ive just done a quick add up and around £180 in the last year on and auto changer,new components and a few other bits and bobs.

more than i had thought but a lot less than most people on here.

MK8

£1043 on my mk4 if we're talking strictly mods, but that includes a £500 plate.

But, in the last 6 months Ive had major steering problems, which has set be back well in excess of £1600. Most of my student loans and overdraft!!!! And its still not fixed, plenty more visits to the garage for my mystery problem i think. :cry::cry::censored::cry::cry:

danmay

Mar 25, 2007
Stafford
www.myspace.com
this will be a laugh :lol: ive spent

approx £10320 on mods and wear and tear (tyres brakes ect) no wonder every1 thinks im mad :blink: worth every penny

you could buy my car with all the mods on it twice over almost :lol:

i feel quite bad now that my lil car ain't modded as extensively as other people's but that gives me more reason to spend :funk:

zippyprorider

Feeling the power!!!
Dec 26, 2005
mines is 330 for sat nav colour unit in dash (seat leon unit), cd changer in the glovebox and red air vent switches!

Andy
oh and 15 for a black seat sport tax disk holder lol!

cuprakel

Feb 10, 2006
Lanarkshire
£38 seat sport strut brace (another bargain on ebay!)
£40 green filter
approx £200 worth of meguires (not mods but it does make a hell of a difference)!!!!

oh and a list of future mods adding up to £, well a good few thousand and its increasing every day.

Deleted member 13581

Mine currently stands at just under £1600.

That includes:

Wheels and tyers
Eibach Coilovers
Fabia VRs ARB
Tints
REVO Re-map
PD160 intake
Green Panel Filter
Polo Aero Wiper
CD Autochanger

Looking to get it colour-coded and a couple of bit painted again so will probs be looking at around £2000 when im done.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Adding up, I think I spent around £1k on the Ibiza - remap, cupra intake, green filter, 312mm brakes, replacement dampers.
Also had a spare set of alloys with winter tyres, don't really class that as a "mod" though...

On the Passat, probably around £800 - remap, green filter, Eibach dampers, 312mm brakes.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.