• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Any advice on bleeding the clutch circuit on the LCR?

Aug 30, 2004
Stockport
Need to change the clutch master cylinder on my LCR, doesn’t look to bad a job but I understand it’s a pig to bleed. :(
Any advice would be appreciated.

Leon Mike

Dec 11, 2004
South West
if, which i'm sure it is...the same as a 2001 cupra then it seemed pretty straight forward to me after I did the master cylinder on mine...just bleeding it in the usual way with a friend giving me a hand.

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
or you can get a back feed which pushes out the oil and then puts it back in with no air so to speak easier than full bleed

how many miles you done worth changing clutch whilst your there?

Aug 30, 2004
Stockport
Would have thought you need to bleed the furthest point from the master cylinder i.e. the slave cylinder, but can’t get access to it. There must be away to bleed the system without getting to the slave, as I’m sure garages don’t remove the bell housing when thy change the master.

Aug 30, 2004
Stockport
I have done a search but can’t find the part No for the master cylinder for a 53 plate LCR, don’t think it’s the same as the Mk4 golf GTI as the piston rod looks longer.
In a bit of a panic as I was hoping to go to Snetterton tomorrow and I need to locate one first thing in the morning and try to get it fitted before lunch. If I know the part No, I can try to source one through a parts factorer. Can anyone help?

I bet m0rk can. ;)

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
the slave is on the out side of the housing! easier to change than the master cylinder

niether are hard tho

as for bleeding just bleed like a brake! and if you dont want to make mess then use a big syringe with a bit of pipe on connected to the bleed nipple. saves trying to catch the fluid in a pot

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.