A £4000 mod for my LCR!

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
sorry skorch, i can see what you are trying to say but thats a silly arguement. Your brakes, alloys and bumpers all serve a functional purpose. They are not just for show like a number plate!!!

chughes163

Jul 1, 2007
Oxford, UK
As for the 4k kitchen on the last page i can help you there! Im a kitchen fitter so if you need one theres my chance to get some cash back!

Haha that explains a few things then! i used to work for MFI and the fitters charged what they liked......but their workmanship was good enough, so fair play! :D

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
sorry skorch, i can see what you are trying to say but thats a silly arguement. Your brakes, alloys and bumpers all serve a functional purpose. They are not just for show like a number plate!!!

Yes i know lol was just trying to prove a point. They do need to be there but they dont need to be big or red a shiny :)

Having said that. I dont think i would spend 4k on a plate. Olthough you do have it for life. Its all down to how you value money :)

Last edited:

MK8

Yes i know lol was just trying to prove a point. They do need to be there but they dont need to be big or red a shiny :)

Having said that. I dont think i would spend 4k on a plate. Olthough you do have it for life. Its all down to how you value money :)

I can see what your saying about the other guys comment, i thought the same. not so much brakes and bumpers...but if you think like that, then why get nice looking alloys, just get lightweight functional ones, or dont bother cleaning your car. its all personal stuff that gives you satisfaction. i dont clean my car because i care what someone who passes me for a split second thinks! I like private plates, the a Porsche GT3 RS local, and its plate is RS54 TOY. It just puts a smile on your face when you see things like that. But D333 ANO for 4k?! Seems very expensive for a standard looking plate!

leon7284

Chelsea Chelsea
Jun 13, 2006
Horsham, West Sussex
Modding a car is all about making it unique and personal. So whats wrong with putting your name on it?
:whistle:

Hit the nail on the head there sunshine i mite add this quote to my signature!

Sent all the paperwork off today so up to three weeks wait now :cry: got time to source a small plate for the front now though.

Oh yeah value of money- i say lifes way too short, ive lost a couple of mates and they had so much going for them but didnt do much with their lifes so i say do what you can as much as you can whenever you can hense bigger loan and a little prezzie for my car!

It's going to make me feel happy so why not, so what if i had my pants pulled down i think its quality and thats what counts imo. :p

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Hit the nail on the head there sunshine i mite add this quote to my signature!

Sent all the paperwork off today so up to three weeks wait now :cry: got time to source a small plate for the front now though.

Oh yeah value of money- i say lifes way too short, ive lost a couple of mates and they had so much going for them but didnt do much with their lifes so i say do what you can as much as you can whenever you can hense bigger loan and a little prezzie for my car!

It's going to make me feel happy so why not, so what if i had my pants pulled down i think its quality and thats what counts imo. :p

Tru say, money comes and goes, (reminds me mastercard advert)
Ive seen quite a few cars with only 2 digits and i dont know what the hell they stand for. but i know they cost dollars!

swissrebel

May 17, 2007
Two digits, as i've said, is six figures ;)

I'm a bit on the fence with this - it's probably the only mod you can do that will never "wear out" or "break" or whatever - so 4k is a one off payment.

That plate means nothing to me - but it's a personal thing, so... probably the only mod not worth asking opinions on? :)

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com

3 weeks for what? It takes about 5 minutes to have the plate put on your car. You can do it there and then in any DVLA office.

I don't think I'd spend £4k on a plate, but I do have a private plate... Actually I have two :lol:

But FFS guys, it's his money, if he wants to spend £4k on a plate, hey what does it matter to you? As for the guy that says everyone with a private plate "is a bit of a @#8$ and is usually the brunt to alot of piss taking. " well I think that's just a stupid statement personally. A private plate doesn't change a person, if they were a @#8$ before they'll still be a @#8$ once they have one...

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
3 weeks for what? It takes about 5 minutes to have the plate put on your car. You can do it there and then in any DVLA office.

I don't think I'd spend £4k on a plate, but I do have a private plate... Actually I have two :lol:

But FFS guys, it's his money, if he wants to spend £4k on a plate, hey what does it matter to you? As for the guy that says everyone with a private plate "is a bit of a @#8$ and is usually the brunt to alot of piss taking. " well I think that's just a stupid statement personally. A private plate doesn't change a person, if they were a @#8$ before they'll still be a @#8$ once they have one...

i think you missed the point, he is not saying that getting a private plate makes you a @#8$, he is saying that the only people who would buy a private plate are @#8$'s.

i havnt got a problem with private plates, i just prefer ones that say something rather than just who is driving the car. ie. i'd quite like a plate with LCR in it but I wouldnt want one with JON!

MK8

YES but when the car goes and you buy say a AUDI, BMW or simthing like that. what is LCR gonna mean then.

now that to me is a waiste

Plates are very easily transferred, might make your car more appealing to a buyer, or keep the plate and sell it on through owners clubs and forums like this! Theres a cupra plate in the for sale section atm for example. could even make some profit, i wouldnt say its a waste. Cant see D333ANO holding value, but who knows

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
Plates are very easily transferred, might make your car more appealing to a buyer, or keep the plate and sell it on through owners clubs and forums like this! Theres a cupra plate in the for sale section atm for example. could even make some profit, i wouldnt say its a waste. Cant see D333ANO holding value, but who knows

exactly! a car related plate is just a saleable as a person related plate, possibly more so depending on the plate in question! how many lcr owners would like a plate with lcr in it? (provided it didnt cost too much).

funnily enough i saw a focus rs yesterday with the plate T30 FRS, thought that was quite cool.

Dennis

Polisher
May 11, 2005
I couldn't beleive it when DVLA released the e Prefix plates a couple f years back.

Cheapest was £599 obviou names were held back, plates with E1 *** were £999 and some abbreviated not so cool names eg SEB were also £999.

So looked for E11 SE* for the Elise which also perfectly spells the girls name etc 20 odd off them available.

How much....£599 bargin, took me a fw hours of constant phoneing but eventually got one. Bargin!!!!

The Elise will be a classic so saleable via car clubs and is no a popular name so again sleable, I can't loose....ho I can if I get stopped another 2 times due to miss spacing and the plate goes back to DVLA[:@]

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.