ipod connectivity

rubble2

Aug 21, 2006
I installed a Dension ice-link myself, it is really easy once you manage to remove the head unit (do a search for head unit removal) all will be revealed

LimboSeat

Ok, so having removed the head unit, (thanks for the tip) does the Denison just plug straight into the back of the stereo and then the other end into my ipod and it just all works?
Thanks in advance

rubble2

Aug 21, 2006
Yes that is pretty much it. The desion has a connector that fits into the CD changer connection on the back of the head unit. On the end of the other cable from the dension is a dock connector for the ipod. I ran the dock connector into the glove box so that the ipod is hidden from view but other people have brought it out to the centre console and fitted a cradle and mounting bracket. Choice is yours.

Xe

Its possible to put the iPod cable in the glove box with no drilling, bit tricky though. I did as a temporary measure while I sorted my armrest, which is where my iPod now lives :)

Trapper

Jul 1, 2005
West Sussex
Hi All

Do you have the part number for this iceLink plus. I have been given various ones, so I whant the correct number before I order one.

Many thanks.

rubble2

Aug 21, 2006
You need a VW compatible model with quadlock connector, sorry don't recall part number

rubble2

Aug 21, 2006
It's an eight pin quadlock, it fits into a spare connector on the rear of the headunit that is designed for plugging in a CD multichanger, the dension is fitted in place of the multichanger.

rubble2

Aug 21, 2006
Sorry my mistake, that's what you get for relying on memory. It is in fact a twelve way connector

:whistle:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.