Tyre Pressure Monitor?

mklock

Go Racers GO
Apr 1, 2004
Stevenage
I Guys, i have just taken delivery of my New FR. i will post pics later.

Already things are missing that i orderded by the lease company so im checking everything. One thing i am a little confused on, is that i swear there was supposed to be a tyre pressure monitor? or am i confusing the Leon with a Golf?

Apart from the above the car looks great, i definately picked the rihgt colour. :p

Mike

rob2005

Jan 11, 2007
Its odd actually ive have my leon for 5 months and the tyre pressure monitor has never flagged a problem, surely in 5 months the tyres would need some air putting in them????!!

Mite check them manually if i remember tonight!!

Comments welcomed!

mklock

Go Racers GO
Apr 1, 2004
Stevenage
Yup, tis down on the centre console near the door lock/unlock buttons .

oh yeah :doh:

I have been in other cars where the tyres are monitored from the computer and got confused.

Seat Leon FR 170D
Crono Yellow
Convienence Pack
Winter Pack
Bluetooth
18"

Should also have but hasn't:[:@]
Seat Car Mats
Additional Boot tray
Arm Rest

Emm

Jun 9, 2003
UK
Visit site
The question about how the tyre pressure monitor works has come up before...

it measures the rolling rotation of the wheels via the ABS sensors. If there is a large difference in one, it will alert you.

Last edited:

LEON2DRIVER

May 18, 2007
I *think* it's more to notify you of a more rapid change in pressure, like if you got a nail/fastish puncture... maybe?

Speaking of maybe detecting if you have a nail in the tyre, I had this 2 days after i bought my new LEON, It was a screw in the back tyre, nothing detected by the monitor though:blink: had to pay over £100 for a new tyre from the maindealers, not even a discount:cry:

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
I'm not totally sure, will check tomorrow when I get mine, but I believe that it may have been dropped from the 2008 model year vehicles as it is no longer listed as a feature on the SEAT website.

It was deffo in the brochure I ordered mine from but I know there have been a few changes since.

I'm happy to be corrected though if I am talking rubbish...

Superted

If anybody needs pictures they must be Sun readers! Or does anybody actually read the Sun, or indeed are the buyers of said publication capable of that function? :)