mk3 cupra -2001 alarm/central locking/window control box?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
mk3 cupra -2001 alarm/central locking/window control box?

Where is it?

got a weird window/locks thing going on mine..
windows dont work at all, but on occasion passenger one winds fully down, but not up again. locks can lock themselves also and click lock/unlock speradically.
according to dealer info if there is a control box its located on behind the dashboard on the left hand side. but i cant find anything.

any ideas?

I have a battery master switch on the car, which if ther passenger windows gone down (but wont come up again on the switches), when switched off and on with the master switch, it winds all the way up again, but then does'nt work on the switches.

There is power to the motor on drivers side & earth does go to earth.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
aha... well thats somewhere I have'nt looked yet.
cheers roly

I guess I have to remove cluster to access it.. :doh:

ljbinks

Mar 22, 2006
south wales - pontypridd
i had a similar problem with mine with the window going down but not coming up plus the central locking was opening and locking on its own plus the interior light was coming on, it was linked to my passenger window regulator, it got water in side and shorted out

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Here you go Bill, baring in mind that its a left hand car:
Not as much help as Roly i know, but this should identify what your looking for:
951200.png

djscorch

Innovate, don't imitate
Jun 30, 2006
Manchester
i had a similar problem with mine with the window going down but not coming up plus the central locking was opening and locking on its own plus the interior light was coming on, it was linked to my passenger window regulator, it got water in side and shorted out

I'm suffering from this problem at the minute - can either window regulator cause the problem or is it just the passenger side?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members