Tyre Pressure Sensor ??!!

Leon180VT

Autoroute Cruiser
Jun 2, 2001
Jersey,Channel Isles
Visit site
Hi There!
Does anyone on this forum know how the tyre pressure sensor system actually works?? We (Bonzy1800 & Leon180vt) checked on Etka and there seems to be no difference in the tyre valves for any mk 2 Leon ?? !! We thought it would differ??

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
it measures the rolling rotation of the wheels via the ABS sensors. If there is a large difference in one, it will alert you.

Jun 28, 2001
There are basically two main types of TPMS available on the market: indirect and direct. Indirect systems are those which use algorithms to interpret signals in ABS brake system. It uses wheel speed sensors and can detect a deflated tyre because it rotates more slowly. Direct are those which use separate radio sensors mounted in each wheel which detect deflation and then transmit that information to the driver via a radio frequency signal. By installing tyre monitoring systems, additional benefits include increased fuel economy, longer tyre wear, fewer crashes due to tyre blowouts, immobilised vehicles or poor vehicle handling from pressure loss and hydroplaning.

as i said today Rob...

:blahblah::blahblah::banghead2

Jun 28, 2001
said that for me not to gt jiggy with it:)
and told me that he had ordered the leon cupra in white with full aero kit on it bluetooth and was going to get remapped to 270 bhp:p

billman

Dec 20, 2009
Good evening. Do all seat Leon MK2s (mine is 1.8 tsi facelift MY2010) have indirect sensors and use the ABS brake systems? Or do they have direct? If they have direct does anyone know at what Mhz do the TPMS sensors run?

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
Had the "check tyre pressure" error come up on the screen about last month so I went and refilled the tyre with air and then held the Tyre button till the error went away.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.