Rev Counter - Which one?

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
As everyone knows im going to get a rev counter for my car and it will be in a single pod on the a-pillar. Ive decided to get one from raid hp but im stuck between four, these are:

Raid Hp Silver

RaidHpTachoGaugeSilver.jpg

Raid Hp Plasma

RaidHpTachoGaugePlasma.jpg

Raid Hp Carbon

RaidHpTachoGaugeCarbon.jpg

Raid Hp Nightflight

RaidHpTachoGaugeNightflight.jpg

Just wondered what everyone thought of these and which one i should consider.

After ive made my choice i will see about the whole wiring situation :confused:

Thanks in advance.

adamgardiner

Aug 8, 2006
i think the raid hd silver 1, looks clear and easy to see
the plasma 1 looks like it might be to bright and distracting at night,
the carbon 1 looks to hard to see at a glance

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
nightflight if i had to choose

1 - letters too dim and needle to thin

2 - bit bright but may be better in the flesh

3 - is that a rev counter ? :) cant even read it

4 - clear precise and a decent needle and looks like it would be decent to read at night and bonus is black when off

wiring is easy - instructions will cover most of it but basically its an earth/positive(ign)/illumination from lights switch(or ign) and a trigger from the coil

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
I was thinking the same about the plasma one, could be hard to read in the dark because of it being so bright, quite like the carbon one but it is abit hard to see at a glance.

Im stuck between the silver and nightflight one now. The thing about the nightflight is that its black when its off, the needle and numbers dont become visible until you switch the car on.

Also with the nightflight i was thinking that it is more inline with the standard gauges because of the black background n that, plus as i said before i like the idea of the needle etc being hidden until the car is turned on. I liked this when i saw the picture of surcalations gauges that he put in his car.

Last edited:

Mckellar

what's wrong with the factory one ?

im assuming he has a lower spec'd 1.4 and it comes with a clock on the instrument dials and not a rev counter.

Ive seen the plasma one before, they look good, but the nightflight one #4 looks good and clear.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i wish you hadnt shown that pic surculation :) i want one now :(

steering wheel that is

Jun 28, 2001
save up get a small sheet of carbon cut it to shape and will look the dogs danglies:)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.