ipod connectivity

zinc23man

I'm expecting delivery of my Leon next week, it has ipod connectivity, can anyone tell me how it connects and is there any particular types of mp3 players that i would need to get? :confused:

GAZ P

Aug 3, 2005
Thanks ZBOYD, would I be right in thinking this kit also contains adapters to accept various iPods ie nano video etc, only got the aux input in mine.

S8N

I posed thred yarp?
Apr 8, 2007
Manchester
It comes with a collection of different size adapters specifically for Apple IPODs. This then plugs in under the drivers seat.

You can control the IPOD from the steering controls and use the 6 buttons on the stereo to change playllsts. It also charges the IPOD.

It does not however display the song titles on the headunit.

nicka56

I had mine fitted by the dealer and have the Dension iPOD connectivity kit. The cable comes out just near where the ash tray/cup holder so I can put then ipod in there and see whats playing. some others put it in the glove box.

As aleady mentioned, you need an ipod ! The socket on the cable is suitable for any type of ipod and will charge it too. there are no mountings supplied with the dension fitting.

Space Coyote

May 12, 2003
Derbyshire
Visit site
I bought a Dension to use in my last car and managed to buy the necessary cables to transfer it into my Leon.

I have routed it through the bottom of the centre console near the cup holder and then mounted on the dashboard with a Brodit ProClip bracket so it sits on the left side of the centre console, angled toward me.

Link here

Really happy with it.

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
Just picked up on this old thread as I was checking to see if I'd need any additonal leads to connect my iPod when I get my car tomorrow. (it has the factory fit iPod connector).

One question.... If you can't see the song title on the radio display, is it really difficult to select the track that you want?, I have about 1000 tracks on my iPod and can imgine it is difficult to navigate without a display....

JonoUK

Apr 29, 2007
North Yorkshire
It can be, yes. You just have to be a bit more creative with your playlists. (And delete some of the songs you really don't like, but just have them on ipod for album... completeness).

Can be a complete ballache, but I just have music I actually like, arranged in playlists that kinda make some sense.

I understand toyota are the same with their ipod connection/integration, so it's not just us that got shafted.

Chris_Cupra

Apr 17, 2007
Athens, Greece
My question is whether you can connect (through jack-to-jack cable) a small mp3 player instead of an iPOD in the aux-in of the Leon ...??? I hope that this will play songs without problem through the car's speakers ...!:)

GAZ P

Aug 3, 2005
Yes it will you need a 3.5mm jack in for the aux socket, won't get any play list or artist info on the head unit thoe.

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
I bought a Dension to use in my last car and managed to buy the necessary cables to transfer it into my Leon.

I have routed it through the bottom of the centre console near the cup holder and then mounted on the dashboard with a Brodit ProClip bracket so it sits on the left side of the centre console, angled toward me.

Link here

Really happy with it.

Can you control the ipod with the stereo or steering wheels controls with the dension ice link???

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
So, if you go for the USB option then the stereo will display song names etc?
Or have I misunderstood?

Holland

ipod and bluetooth

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows if you can have both bluetooth connectivity and ipod connectivity at the same time on standard leon mk2 stereo?

I had bluetooth fitted when I bought the car last year, but now the ipod conection is available so I really want to have that too!

Any ideas?

H

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
So, if you go for the USB option then the stereo will display song names etc?
Or have I misunderstood?

i think you have misunderstood. i dont believe it will.

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows if you can have both bluetooth connectivity and ipod connectivity at the same time on standard leon mk2 stereo?

I had bluetooth fitted when I bought the car last year, but now the ipod conection is available so I really want to have that too!

Any ideas?

H

i think so. the bluetooth is a seperate system to the ipod connection which connects to the back of the head unit.

LimboSeat

Install of Ipod Kit

Am I right in thinking that I can buy the ipod kit off the internet, and then connect it all up my self in my 07 Toledo? (same Stereo as Leon)

Do I have to get access to the back of the stereo to plug in the ipod kit, or is there already a cable tucked away somewhere that the ipod kit connects to?

Has anyone actually done this themselves? or is it better to leave it to the experts?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise