MOT passed!

Mckellar

Put my GTi in for its mot thinking "well its 8 years old, will need a few things"

Phone call after 45 minutes of putting it in..
"mr McKellar, car passed no problem, not even one advisory" :D

Chuffed to bits, never expected that at all.

pointless - but happy post :happy:

Mckellar

chris, i gave mines a bit of welly before i took it to the MOT station, try getting all the crap out the exhaust a bit, and generally heat the car up, you tried that or got a hole letting air in somewhere?

Not bad considering my mates 2003 reg'd Saxo failed on 3 major things :doh:

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
result, Dave :)
was worried when mine went in for its Mot, seeing as it was a rear ended cat 'c' only failed on front sussy tops.. was well happy with that :)

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
yep it was for the month, it a a deposit (cant remember wat it was) plus 9months at 75quid sumthing pence a month.

My last insurance payment is in october, the company im with puts it over 10months n not 11months for sum reason

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
chris, i gave mines a bit of welly before i took it to the MOT station, try getting all the crap out the exhaust a bit, and generally heat the car up, you tried that or got a hole letting air in somewhere?

Not bad considering my mates 2003 reg'd Saxo failed on 3 major things :doh:

nah it failed by a lot, 198ppm on carbon and 1.17% on CO emissions so i doubt giving it some boot will do it

lambda sensor passed, only good news is that if the cat is the likely cause its still under warrenty

Mckellar

did you go for SEAT lifetime warrenty ? :lol:

Could be a crack/leak in the pipes or a crumbling centre section/cat.

Any exhaust to go stainless!

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
did you go for SEAT lifetime warrenty ? :lol:

Could be a crack/leak in the pipes or a crumbling centre section/cat.

Any exhaust to go stainless!

nah i got the cat done at a different garage couple of years back so i believe the warrenty is still valid as i think it was 2 or 3 years so it should still be ok for a free check/replacement. they did find a leak but they put sealant on during the mot and it made no difference, ironically enough the fail was worse at first fast ilde than the second

anyway biggest problem i have is getting to work as i reckon it will mean a day at least in the garage, and i can't get to work otherwise basically due to distance and no one lives this way on to get a lift in to work and parents are busy as well and don't have any holidays left at work to take to get it checked

Meatball

I got my ibiza through it's MOT earlier this week, had it off the road for a week or so though, as it failed initially, brakes all round, couple suspension bushes, and the garage was busy.
On the bright side I got black diamond discs and pads on all 4 corners for £10.00 more then the garage were going to charge to supply standard parts.

EssexIbiza1985

Oct 18, 2006
mine passed today!!!!! nutin wrong with it.. (except a bit of mud still caked in the deepest crevises from bloody gti fest!

Meatball

Cuz the garage parts were real expensive basically.:rolleyes: I heard how much they were going to be and realised I could get uprated ones for near enough the same price!
Car is costing a fair bit, but the way I'm seeing things just now, it's that bit more fun and individual that it's worth keeping on the road.
Rather than my mate who didn't want to spend money replacing a sensor on his clio 172 (£150 ish) so traded it in on a brand new civic (£15K-ish?)
He'll be losing the same in depreciation as I'll be spending on repairs! :lol: