Rolling road tomorrow... who's up for a bet?

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
There was also a Leon Cupra on the rollers today. I know he is a member here, but not sure of his username. He has a Revo and exhaust system and got late 170's WHP, which works out around 210ish BHP :)

Hopefully he will come on and post here :)

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
well dun rob nice 2see that just a few mods u got 7 extra BHP(like mine)must be 2 do with the best colour being Onvi yellow :D well dun again

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Cheers bud :)

My car was on the rollers at JKM when it had just the DV and Green panel filter and made 210bhp, so it's the TIP and air box that's made the difference. Now, the air box didn't make a big difference, perhaps a bit stronger top end, but the TIP made an instant improvement so I'm confident it's that that has given the extra go :)

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
Well what a great day we all had :D

I have to say first of all, that Janspeed are one of the best outfits I've been to in a long time! VERY impressed. The rollers seemed bang on the money, with every car producing exactly what people expected, including standard cars making standard figures, modified cars making exactly what you'd realistically expect and the highly modified cars making the power they expected.... or more ;)
They measure in WHP only, but have a calculation they can apply that, as far as I know, is specific to their rollers to work out BHP. It seemed bang on too, so I'm confident in the result I got.

Stewie stole the day, but I'll let him tell you about that ;)

My car got.... 185WHP, which equates to 217BHP, which is exactly what I was expecting. It's nice to see a bigger figure, but I wanted a real life figure and I'm confident I've got that.
185WHP and 186lb/ft torque @ the wheels. They tested the car twice and both times it produced EXACTLY the same figure, the same torque curve, power curve, A/F results... everything was the same both times.

Stewie - It was a shame you left when you did, as they gave us a tour of the entire factory and workshops and showed us the difference between different sport cats Vs standard cats, the machinery they use, the stock, the cars, everything! SO impressed! :D

Oh, I'm going to be giving one of their senior guys a call next week with a view to them producing a LCR exhaust system. If there is enough interest (10 cars minimum) they will develop a system for our cars from scratch :)

Hi Rob,

I almost feel embarrassed with my 316 WHP (361 Fly) :redface:

But good to see that both cars were very consistent with identical runs and smooth plots.

Also makes me think that people perhaps knock Jabba too easily. Mind you without a boost guage I'm only going on what I'm told that it's 1.6bar boost.

Was great to meet you guys (and girls :D), a great bunch of people, and I was also impressed with Janspeed. Like you say pity I left, if I'd known I would have stayed on for the tour. Would be good to see Janspeed offer an exhaust for the Leon, u get the impression they've been left in the shade a bit by the likes on Miltek, Blueflame, Magnex etc..

No doubt see u again at a future event.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I nearly phoned you to be honest, but thought you would have been too long gone. We didn't know it was going to happen, we went to say thanks and goodbye, somebody asked about sports cats and they said they would give us the full tour and show us different examples of cats and their makeup :)

The place is huge! They have some very impressive machinery there! I didn't realise they did so much and worked with so many people! Bentley, Overfinch, Porsche, Ford, and a whole heap of other impressive names that they develop and make exhausts for. Very impressive :)

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Good result Rob. :yes:

Go on then, what type of rollers? Load? :D

Edit: Dyno Jet.
rolling%20road%20pictures.jpg

Last edited:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
That be the ones.... although that fan is tiny compared to the one they used!

Not sure about load, might be on the printout though as there is a load of info on there.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise