Rolling road tomorrow... who's up for a bet?

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Twin fans for each intercooler or 1 piddly fan straight on?

Makes a difference as does what gear is used.

Put 34psi in front tyres, demand he does it in 5th, and make sure BOTH IC's are getting sufficient airflow. Little boost used in the gears getting upto 5th for heatsoak issues, but getting up quickly as possible!

If he gets any of that wrong 205bhp. If he gets it correct, 222bhp:)

Im sure Janspeed only do whp figures though? So 172whp/190whp

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I have no idea about the fans Mitchy, tomorrow will be the first time I've visited them. I know they have a good reputation so I assume they have a little bit of skill between them, so I'd hope they do things right.

If not and if, like you say, there is only one fan then anything from there will be taken as a laugh and not serious. But I'd like to get something slightly meaningful from the day :)

I'm surprised at some of the predictions though, I wouldn't have guessed as high as some of you lot at all! Hope you're right though :lol:

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
@RobM - the worst you can do is act a little knowledgeable and ask them what they are doing and why if the answer isn't obvious.

based on you previous comment about not wanting to look a fool

andycupra

status subject to change
Is it worth doing an ecu reset? i've been using Tesco 99 without fail for the last 3 months in my car, will it not automatically adjust for this type of fuel etc etc??

id say so, but it would be good to get a reset down a while before the run to allow it to take advantage of the fuel fully.

if its run on leser fuel it holds back quickly, but doesnt improve again for a long time.
the ecu will always go on the safe side, it holds back quickly, but is slow going the other way.
also, given its been warm of late it will have adjusted to this.

so id say yes reset it. and either have it stand for a LONG time before a run, or a short time. anything in between it may get heat soak after a long drive there.

AndyCole

Not going to guess just in case first prize is black mirrors and a black S grill
:lol::lol::lol:

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
Hi Rob,

Don't mean to be cheeky but are there any spaces left for tomorrow and if so what would the cost be?

Might be interested in giving my Jabba'd IHI LCR a run. Would be good to have another LCR as a benchmark.

I'm in Portsmouth so not too far to come for me!

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
213Whp may not be unlucky 4 rob.
had mine RR'd the other sat with induction kit cat back milltek splitter DV standard other than that,
i got 232bhp video can be seen @ http://www.myspace.com/jeh987

4th gear was used n there wasnt a blower on the IC'ers

Last edited:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton

If you're right, I'll kiss ya! ;)

Hi Rob,

Don't mean to be cheeky but are there any spaces left for tomorrow and if so what would the cost be?

Might be interested in giving my Jabba'd IHI LCR a run. Would be good to have another LCR as a benchmark.

I'm in Portsmouth so not too far to come for me!

Hi mate, sorry I didn't see this sooner! If you read this in time, come on down! It's at Janspeed in Salisbury and is starting at 9am. We don't have a massive amount of cars running (9 or so) so you'll easily get on the rollers, if you get there in time. Feel free to come on down, I'll let everybody else know there may be one more so if another Leon turns up, they know why and will welcome you with open legs... err, arms!
I'd be happy to see you especially, as I'm going to be out-powered by at least one Stage 3 Astra Turbo, so a big power Leon might restore the balance somewhat ;)

Last edited:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Well what a great day we all had :D

I have to say first of all, that Janspeed are one of the best outfits I've been to in a long time! VERY impressed. The rollers seemed bang on the money, with every car producing exactly what people expected, including standard cars making standard figures, modified cars making exactly what you'd realistically expect and the highly modified cars making the power they expected.... or more ;)
They measure in WHP only, but have a calculation they can apply that, as far as I know, is specific to their rollers to work out BHP. It seemed bang on too, so I'm confident in the result I got.

Stewie stole the day, but I'll let him tell you about that ;)

My car got.... 185WHP, which equates to 217BHP, which is exactly what I was expecting. It's nice to see a bigger figure, but I wanted a real life figure and I'm confident I've got that.
185WHP and 186lb/ft torque @ the wheels. They tested the car twice and both times it produced EXACTLY the same figure, the same torque curve, power curve, A/F results... everything was the same both times.

Stewie - It was a shame you left when you did, as they gave us a tour of the entire factory and workshops and showed us the difference between different sport cats Vs standard cats, the machinery they use, the stock, the cars, everything! SO impressed! :D

Oh, I'm going to be giving one of their senior guys a call next week with a view to them producing a LCR exhaust system. If there is enough interest (10 cars minimum) they will develop a system for our cars from scratch :)

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.