Rolling road tomorrow... who's up for a bet?

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
The car is going on the rollers tomorrow with a group of people from another forum I visit. It's a mini event being held at Janspeed in Salisbury. Never been on their rollers before so I have no idea how accurate or reliable they are, but it should be a good giggle.

So, who wants to start a bet on how much power my LCR will make? I personally think Dyno Lottery will strike and it will claim more than is realistic, but you never know.

Mods that will affect it are;

Forge TIP
Forge 007P
Green panel filter
Smoothed air box with a length of 80mm hose going to the standard air intake.

Other than that, the car is standard and run on Tesco 99Ron.

I think, realistically, the car should be making around 215bhp as it's a 210LCR. Who wants a bet on how much it will actually make? Winner gets... well, sod all really, just the fame and honor of being right :D

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
A lot have no idea how to run a Vag turbo car. Out of interest Rob, find out how much load is on the rollers (and their type) when you are run.

OK, assuming the rollers are accurate ;)

220bhp.

I'll try and find out... need to find a way of sneeking it into conversation without sounding like I'm questioning their ability :lol:

Brownster

Pure Brownmonsterage
Mar 4, 2006
sheffield
im going for 221... i've heard that most rolling road tests on the 210 usually came out around the 220 mark anyway?.... I'm still convinced the released figures between the 210 and the 225 are a big marketing scam ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members