£3k to spend on engine

Olly20VT

Jun 8, 2004
Stroud Glos ,England
Must say IHI as well,
But please do consider very soon after if not before hand (as said) brakes anti roll bars engine mounts and I've herd that the forge cooler doesn't handle to well over 300bhp.
safety first :)

beattie17

Apr 12, 2005
Perth
Have budget'd for brakes aswell. Wouldnt be going upto 300bhp without them lol. But anti roll bars etc will come afterwards. the wee things you can do month by month

beattie17

Apr 12, 2005
Perth
hes prov sold his gt turbo etc.
Wish i bought yours when i had the chance. Pitty i was at college bk then and could raise the cash

beattie17

Apr 12, 2005
Perth
ok bring bk up my old post.
Ive done a few more things to car,
Forge FMIC, Blueflame Turbo Bk, BMC, Cold Side, Forge DV, N249bypass
Forge tip, APR Stage2 Chip, ATP Manifold, Brembos.
Now im stuck for which turbo/injectors etc to go for.
Do i go for jbs04 or gt2x? and do i go for 380cc or 440cc injectors? also 3or4 bar fpr?

Olly20VT

Jun 8, 2004
Stroud Glos ,England
I dont know much about these but one phone call to JBS would solve some of your quetions.
I think 440cc injectors with 4 bar reg then you can push them up to 300bhp with no wurrys.

cupra_matt

Audi Technician
Dec 15, 2004
Carlisle
As you know mate i run GT2x and its an excellent setup, its very very quick and on its last dyno run after a new TIP AND 1.4bar BOOST it ran 302 BHP according to the dyno but was originally mapped at 284 bhp @ 1.3 bar, i have everything needed coming up for sale very soon except 3" MAF and induction.

Mine has ran a standard fuel pump with no problems.

The best injectors seem to be LCR injectors which are 380cc but when ran @ 4BAR they are 440's

DavieCupraTurbo

If you got the money mate go for the full IHI kit, you will produce some stupid power then looking at around 340 bhp then i would of thought, be worth the extra cash. Glad to hear ur upgrading to some brembos! cheers

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
you would be foolish to rely on the std ibiza fuel pump when running undersize injectors and relying on 4bar FPR to bump up their actual delivery.

Sustained reliance on this setup WILL result in severe engine damage.

Jabba's and my ibiza did it same day when first IHI'd on stock ibiza fuel pumps running 440cc injectors at 4bar FPR. Fuel pressure sagged, it went lean, engine piston, sparkplug and ex valves on cyl #3 went bye bye.

You have been warned folks.
Learn from those who have learnt the hard way. Pointless experiencing the same thing yourself. (foolish in fact)

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Where did you get that from matt and how much?

I've been told the S3 will be fine up to about 400bhp.

I've been thinkin of goin for a 255 walbro inline jobbie.

B3NPM_Cupra

Money = Power!
Dec 9, 2006
Tamworth (West Mids)
Your gona have fun with your car when this is done mark....on the same note guys, how much are we talking to get a GT2x setup, can fit the parts myself, just wondering cost of parts excluding mapping? Excluding parts in my sig of corse!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
I have just ordered new S3 pump for my 550's on 3 bar, you reckon this will be ok?

its whats still in mine as main lift pump, but I have a 2nd main delivery pump.
S3 one seems up to it so far on 750cc injectors running 4bar fpr and supporting my 550+bhp so far.

old mk1 golf K-jet 2nd delivery pump for the higher pressure on mine.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Thats good to hear bill.

I've been toying with S3 or standard with walbro inline to sort it.

Does anyone know what the part number for the pump is, i cant find it anywhere on ETOS. Cheers.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.