DV relocation

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
Well while at GTi International at the week end i manged to pick up some new hose's, got the intercooler lower, the intake hose, the intercooler uper and went with the cold side relocation kit. :funk:

And i have to say not even taking in to conciuration the fact that it looks loads better the improvement it has actually made to the performance in my opinion is great.

Needless to say it was all money well spent

:clap:

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
I got them off ebay and iirc i got 3mm and 6mm

cool well thats 1 of the next items for me to get.
Im thinking of ordering mine off siliconehoses.com thats where forge get theirs from i believe.

Did you have any problems fitting your relocation kit?
after fitting mine it kept bursting off on the way home but eventually managed to get it sorted

No the relocation kit was pretty straight forward apart from trimming the pipes down a bit so the fit well. I learnt about hoses popping off from when i did the upper intercooler hoses last year, the offside one kept coming off until i bought the mother of all jubilee clips

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
No the relocation kit was pretty straight forward apart from trimming the pipes down a bit so the fit well. I learnt about hoses popping off from when i did the upper intercooler hoses last year, the offside one kept coming off until i bought the mother of all jubilee clips

Yeah i was going to get a big mother f****er of a clip but they didn't have none left so had to make do with the standard but what it was with me was the bottom of the hose wasn't quite meeting the connector right so had to fitt the bottom first and then forcefully lift all the intercooler conector to allow me to connect to the inlet manifold.

had to stop off like 5 time on the motorway on the way home and it was pissing me off cos i just could not work out why it was coming off cos you cant really see dowm there or really get much of you hand in either

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
Yeah i also did that but it goes a little under the battery mouting to though and that cased problem as had to pull the corner of that up so i could just slide everything under it

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
KM6adV4V6z-roViu734vB8AznsXLhgAP

rKw718aaxj-WngxjeWtVJHI9BvMLr1kc

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
Well thats part the reason why i chose red really, to just look a little different
and also though they would contrast the yellow well,

hoping on getting them very soon.

got some new tyres on order at the moment so waiting for them to come
thinking of getting hold of a forge short shift soon as well
as well as im thinking of getting the intake manifold and rocker head powder coated but not sure what colour yet thinking could go red, black or maybe a silver.
also got a mate in leeds who is going to fit me a custom exhaust system, he put one on my previous car and it was awesome

but i go on holiday on 1 week so dont think i'll be doing anything until after then atleast

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
I've been looking at getting the short shift from forge, let me know what it's like if you do get one it might sway me to buying one.

well the other thing im conciduring is drilling my existing one but want to be sure where i drill it first before i do it, then if it goes wrong or dont like it will buy the forge one

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
you need to join the leeds meet next time we have one
are you coming to VW Festival in August at Harewood

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
you need to join the leeds meet next time we have one
are you coming to VW Festival in August at Harewood

Yeah i was at VW Festival last year as well but i went with are kid he has a bay window camper and puts it on the show & Shine, you will have prob seen it if you were there last year you couldn't miss it, its got a big skull on the back

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.