Dilemma

Phil Gee

Jun 4, 2007
Naughty North!
I've got a snapped coil spring on my TDI and was going to just replace the spring, BUT, think this is a good excuse to fit a lowering kit. I've had coilovers on previous cars but with this being a family car i want something with near factory ride quality. I've always thought that Koni shocks with Eibach springs were a good choice. Whats everyone else running? I'm looking to fit some bigger wheels too so i think if it aint lowered, will probably end up looking like a 4x4 Leon!! 17's or 18's ? Whats everyones opinions?
Cheers, Phil .

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Koni FSD dampers and Eibach springs are a good match, offering excellent ride quality and great handling. I was taken out in a car (not a Leon though I must admit) with this setup and it's convinced me even more that they are the right choice if you want handling and every day comfort (sounds like a tampon advert!)

Phil Gee

Jun 4, 2007
Naughty North!
Koni FSD dampers and Eibach springs are a good match, offering excellent ride quality and great handling. I was taken out in a car (not a Leon though I must admit) with this setup and it's convinced me even more that they are the right choice if you want handling and every day comfort (sounds like a tampon advert!)

:lol:

Certainly does !! They are the latest edition to Koni arent they? Havent long been out. Bet they are expensive :cry:
Where's best to buy from then?

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Awesome sell them but I'm sure most Koni dealers can get them if you ask. Have a look around the sponsor sections of this forum and see what info there is or what deals are around :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.