• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Breaks?

Hudson

May 15, 2007
Bilston.
Been out for a drive this evening and was driving a wee fast but not beyond the cars design ;); come to break at the roundabout and found that i was nearly flatt out on the breaks the breaks seemed to fade away, is this normal for ibza FR's or should i get the discs and pads checked onthe front?

If i go for replacement pads (or should i get dealer to swap as only had the car a week) what should i go for?

H

PS if an admin is reading i just misposted in the for sale forum accesories like a pen is...please dleete it.

gazjones

standard breaks are not very good most upgrade to 312mm tt ones they do the trick

Hudson

May 15, 2007
Bilston.
Ok so I've had a bucthers around at tt BRAKES and I'm guessing all in is going to cost me around 500-600 notes. Which tbh I dont have atm; what about if I was to buy some different pads (and or discs) what would people recommend from VAG standard.

Out of interest if I dont fit VAG standard brakes how does this affect my warranty.

H

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
If you look around on the web you'll find a full TT setup for a lot less than £500 and that'll include everything you need.

Oh I noticed your faux pas last night and quickly deleted it for you. :p

JonoUK

Apr 29, 2007
North Yorkshire
Just a thought... but are the brakes not best when they're up to temperature? I find mine pretty rubbish if I've not used them for a while on a drive.

They seem to massively improve when they're warmed up. Or am I just being stupid?

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
I have the TT setup, no problems with fading at all, if you search on ebay you should find some for about £250 ish, then fitting not much on top, £100 max.

Skoda forum there are some for sale and golfturbo sells them on here.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
I'd highly recommend the 312mm TT setup, and as Ken said, you'll get everything for a LOT less than £500, usually in the £200-300 region.

Go on Ebay and look for a seller called "golfturbo", he sells complete kits that have come off of new TTs with delivery mileage only. They include disks, pads, calipers, carriers and hoses.
If you're handy with a set of spanners you should have no trouble fitting them yourself.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise