Split R - Strange Noise

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
Right, got out me car tonight and heard like a 'fast vibrating' noise from under my bonnet.....opened me bonnet and located it to me Split R :confused: If i touch it you can feel it virbrating slightly but its the noise am more concerned about. ?

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
Is it the valve itself vibrating or is it the spring inside? The springs inside the split r are known to rattle sometimes, if this does happen just simply tighten the valve up using the top piece of the valve and turn it clockwise

Cuprajoe

May 15, 2007
Fitted my split r today im running a stage one jabba, wound it fully anti clockwise started it and let it idle for 5, then i turned it clockwise a full turn. And it didnt make any woosh, so i turned it another full turn and still didnt get any noise. So i turned it back 2 full turns and it made a decent woosh. The most i could turn it was a couple of clicks short of 1 turn and it would woosh, is this normal?
The manual say it needs 1-2 full turns

mattbolt

Oct 6, 2006
Plymouth
mine was the same. although i think it has been leaking boost when under full pressure. Tightened it right up but still loosing boost. Changed back to old valve today so going to see what thats like.

In all fairness i haven't been impressed with it at all. The noise just sounds like a little fart under the engine bay and it can only be heard inside the car.

Valve is the right way round and everything and when running 20psi boost you would expect something a bit louder.

Banksy 1

ibiza cupra
May 27, 2007
Stoke-On-Trent
check the vacuum pipe on the dv when you have turned it because if you have left the pipe on then it will crimp when twisted so take the pipe off then turn it 2 turns clockwise then reattach the pipe. it will not make any noise and will not operate right if the pipe is twisted.

mattbolt

Oct 6, 2006
Plymouth
I tried that the other day. took it off and put it back on again. just been out in the car with my old baileys recirc valve and am reaching 20psi once more. Will try the split r again 2moro. bit dissapolinted really

LC Ibiza Cupra

Feb 18, 2007
Cardiff
having a similar kind of problem. when i put my split r valve on im losing boost by about 3psi i noticed that its seems a bit more sluggish as well commpared 2 the 007dv when boosting..
tried my 007dv on the other day and the car was much more responsive.. boosting back 2 about 18psi
not really conviced with the split r in my opinion:(

mattbolt

Oct 6, 2006
Plymouth
Its around 4 - 5 thousand revs where i shoudl be nearly reaching full boost. buty its reaching 13psi. Am running my baileys valve now and my car is back to how it was. Not sure whether to put it back on and try tweaking again - although i don't know what else to do

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
Mine doesnt make the noise when mt boost gauge is T'd off with it turned fully anticlockise. but if i take the boost gauge out i would have to turn it about 5 turns to make it stop the noise.

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
The split r i have on works a treat and is very loud, no loss of boost etc. But the car is not as smooth like it is with a full re-circ valve but that is to expected.

LC Ibiza Cupra

Feb 18, 2007
Cardiff
my split r valve is really loud too... i know what u mean with the split r it seems more of a rougher ride. my n249 hasnt been removed either, dunno if this would make a difference to it not boosting compared to the 007dv.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise