Seat TomTom Mount

jonial

Jonial
Nov 1, 2003
Garstang
www.g4ial.com
I am thinking about buying the TomTom mounting kit from my local dealer as I think it is less obtrusive than the windscreen mount I am using at present for my TomTom 710.

Does anybody know which colour wires on the input to the "Black Box" supplied with the kit are the ones for + and - 12 volts?

Many Thanks

John

Tabintab

Sep 15, 2006
Peterborough
I am thinking about buying the TomTom mounting kit from my local dealer as I think it is less obtrusive than the windscreen mount I am using at present for my TomTom 710.

Does anybody know which colour wires on the input to the "Black Box" supplied with the kit are the ones for + and - 12 volts?

Many Thanks

John

I don't, but if u have a multimeter u can check it out.

If you dont have a multimeter maybe u can test it with a LED that can handle 12v, as LED only work in one direction. Here is a link so u can see what side of a LED is + & - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LED :)

Tab

jonial

Jonial
Nov 1, 2003
Garstang
www.g4ial.com
Hi Tab

Thanks for the reply.
I do have a multi meter but my problem is trying to find out which wires, fitted by the factory, carry the +/_ 12 volts to the Mounting Kit.

If all else fails I think my dealer will let me investigate a car with the additional wing fitted.

John

Wizardtm

Just out of interest,how much is the kit and what do you get for the money

In the Netherlands you cannot buy the mount seperate from the TOMTOM. Therefore the mount (thus including the TOMTOM) is not very cheap, around 700euro.

I've explaned to my dealer (and to other dealers) that I just need the mount and what's the answer ???? Correct: You can only buy it with the TOMTOM [:@]

Apr 13, 2007
It's a £25 option if you're buying it as part of the new car. For that £25 the dealer gets sent a brown cardboard box containing the mount and a bunch of wire. Can't see why it'd be a different price if you were to get the kit as an aftermarket add-on. Dealer managed to fit the kit to our in the time it took to walk around a couple of hundred meters of forecourts.

Last edited:

jonial

Jonial
Nov 1, 2003
Garstang
www.g4ial.com
It is possible to buy the kit in the UK however the price is about £100.

The kit consists of the mount itself, a "Black Box" which interfaces between the factory installed additional wiring loom and the TomTom itself. There are also a couple of interconnecting cables. One of which is the input to the Black Box.

As far as I can tell the Black Box contains a regulated power supply to the TomTom, which is a 5 Volt device.

The car is 12 volts hence my original query as to which are the wires that input the 12 volt supply to the Black Box .

I call it a Black Box becuase it looks like a small Black Box with 3 Sockets on it to which the inputs and outputs are connected.

I do hope this clarifies things

John