k&n or pipercorss vipers? advice please!!!

bozzy-07FR

hiu im looking to put an induction kit on my 1.8 20vt ibiza FR but dont wanna put a pannel filter on id rather a viperkit with cold air feed and its all boxed in so suffering from heat soak shouldn't be too much of a problem its just that if you look down the K&N or pipercross list they dont seem to do anything for an ibiza over the age of 2005 if i put a 2005 one on will it damage anything? or even fit?
there cant be that much difference surely??

any opinoins would be great thanks!!

Tall-Paul

Previously ph2858 :D
Nov 12, 2006
Manchester and Preston
Dont you think that cold air feeds on turbo'd cars are not that important because 1) the turbo heats the air up alot and 2) theres an intercooler?

Alot of people use panel filters and pd160 air intakes because theres not much space for an enclosed induction kit unless you move the battery.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
:wave: welcome to the site "bozzy-07FR" :wave:

ive got a vipe induction kit for a 1.8 20vt ibiza mk4 private message me if your interested

bozzy-07FR

ok im new to this and i am interested if its a pipercross viper kit how much?? not too sure how to private message sorry!haha
any tips on how to do that too?

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
You need to post 10 times before pm'ing rashcupra, if you hover over the name on the left it'll come up with some options, one being pm :)

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
its a pipercross induction kit it only comes in red and it has all the fitaments and silicone hose! i bought it for £230ish last year some timeand it was onlyon the car for maximum 2 months :D

bozzy-07FR

is it just a filter or is it enclosed in a carbon fibre box with a pipe coming out of each end? how much u want for it?

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Dont you think that cold air feeds on turbo'd cars are not that important because 1) the turbo heats the air up alot and 2) theres an intercooler?

It is important. Regardless of intercoolers and turbos you want as much air coming in as possible. Warmer air is less dense so the colder air you can get into the intake at the start the more feeds the turbo and i/c once its in.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.