DV relocation

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
Now i know the benifits of relocating the DV to the cold side (as stated on forges website) but i was always under the impression that the closer to had the dv to the turbo the better.

Can anyone elaborate on this?

And before anyone decides to try crucify me i was told this by a qualified engineer so i dont really care if you think its a stupid question im just wondering if people have opinions on it

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
I've an opinion on the closeness of the DV to the turbo. I'd prefer it as close as poss so that any excess charge that is carried away from the throttle-plate upon closing is purged/re-circulated asap.. and not left travelling about in pipe-work. I want it back in the box, keeping my impeller spinning.

With regards to relocation; never thought about it :S benefits are what, exactly? Just the ambient temperature, in your understanding?

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
By relocating the valve in this way there are two benefits. Firstly, due to operating in lower temperatures the longevity of the valve is increased. Secondly, after relocation, the air that is recirculated back into the intake tract to the turbo will be cooler. Cooler air has a greater density. The greater the density of the charge mix in the cylinder the more power generated on combustion.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I did (although I didn't use the forge kit). A few others also did.

I would say that the reason that a lot of people haven't jumped in to comment is that they're all underwhelmed by this mod.

I left my DV in the stock location, and just moved the Take off to near the throttle body. I didn't notice any extra lag doing this, but I did notice an on-off-on throttle delay that seems to have gone since I took the DV relocation off, along with taking off a load of other stuff.

Would I do it again? Can't say that I would, although if it was still on the car I might experiment with fully relocating the DV nearer the TB.

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
It's not really supposed to give you a performance difference really. For me it's about keeping the DV away from the heat and not putting really hot air back into the inlet. I'm fitting one to this R as well as the last one just not finished fitting it yet.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I thought that might bring some people out to post :cartman:

I do remember it felt sharper on gear changes, but not night and day.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I'd agree with that.

I'd do the intercooler hoses first along with some better hose clamps all round. Although while your doing the TB hose, it's tempting to do the relocation at the same time.

ForgeMotorsport

dsc06022vq9.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.