• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

hot breaks

rice-c87

i have a 02 plate leon tdi 90 s totaly standard exception of my nice 17inch wheels, standards where carp sorry if you like them but anyway.

i was out having a bit fun and i had to stamp HARD on the brakes from about 60-70 to get back in behind this car coz he decided he would be a funny **** i then had to brake quite hard for a junction that i always nealy miss, after about 5 mins of less agressive driving i reach the local halfords (i know curse me) and my brakes are so hot they are smoking and shortly they turned blue.
I am a car lover and have seen hot brakes before at croft but i didnt think i could do this on my car on the public roads.

i have been told to change the brake fluid but i am not sure what grade or how or where to get it done

i have also been told to get groved discs but i dont know what type or if i want holes in them or what pads to get.

cant i solve this problem with this simple cure or can i get bigger discs and calipers of a CUPRA or a FR or off a A3 18T with out the hassle of custum brackets

i dont have the big budget of others i am probely limited to about 100-200 quid a month boo hoo min wage:cry:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Change brake fluid for 'new' - change pads for uprated 'harder' pads (not EBC!) suggest Ferrodo DS2500's if available for your fitment, and 'new' good quality solid, undrilled, ungrooved discs

that'll firm up the pedal feeling, but you will still need to consider moderating your driving as it's a heavy old car to pull up on weeny brakes

rice-c87

i dont mean to be fussy but my disks look quite new i think? they dont have any lips on the edges, they are quite flat but the back one's proberly need doing.
Thanks will get the fluid changed when i get payed at the end of the month. what fluid should i be using dot 5.1 is best i am led to belive????????????

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
i dont mean to be fussy but my disks look quite new i think? they dont have any lips on the edges, they are quite flat but the back one's proberly need doing.

I've made the sections bold which cause me worries,
you ask for advice but choose to take no notice of,
they look new, bet loads of stuff looks good/new/fine/safe but prob isnt,
you think which means you dont actually know when they were changed,
If you have cash to splash at halfords take it somewhere else
somewhere that will supply a good product and get the brakle sorted!
Decent discs - Not cheapo no name ones.
Hard pads - As Said Ferrodo ones are good
New fluid and a blead

oh and wrong section - not getting on your case mate, just try and keep the forum tidy!

Last edited:

rice-c87

i must aplologise for my reply you are right i ask for advice and then question it i am sorry

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise