11052007019.jpg

11052007020.jpg

11052007021.jpg

last to picture is in ducting in wing facing backwards as recommended

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
You cracked it :thumbup: Simple really huh!! Should work well as there are no kinks in the pipe :) Just aslong as its facing where air come travel thru

David.

Dont leave those pliers there for f00ksake!

donovan2123

Jan 14, 2007
Oxford
dnt beleive that as my friends mk2 1.8 golf does it in 9secs. Bt ur funny for thinkin that take it u wer counting usin ur fingers or ur brain get a stop watch out mate

donovan2123

Jan 14, 2007
Oxford
when my car was stadard it struggles to do 0-60 in 13secs

also my car woul drobably do beter as thous figures wer done yestoday wen pissing it down

NowGottaIbizaMk5

Feb 5, 2005
Beverley
True, it too bloody slow for me - just thought I'd see what response I'd get. You took the bait too.....
Seems that our 1.4 8v are destined to be slow with only minor improvements possible. Best save up for a bigger engined Ibiza.

donovan2123

Jan 14, 2007
Oxford
ye minor allthough car does feel lot beter drive nw just need to sort my clutch out from sticking and maby new shifter

donovan2123

Jan 14, 2007
Oxford
True, it too bloody slow for me - just thought I'd see what response I'd get. You took the bait too.....
Seems that our 1.4 8v are destined to be slow with only minor improvements possible. Best save up for a bigger engined Ibiza.

still think u really believed ur car could do it in 8.1 secs:lol:

NowGottaIbizaMk5

Feb 5, 2005
Beverley
usually never does 0-60 cos of the traffic on the roads around here and the speed cameras limiting us to 30 or 40 mph all the way to/from work every day . .. . .makes commuting very boring.

jNx

May 4, 2006
M25 J13
www.surreymodified.co.uk
What HAVE I missed!

You've clearly been miss informed by these mugs!!! :))

Stick that induction kit STRAIGHT on the throttlebody point up (up is the direction facing the sky) take your nearest butter knife, cut a hole in that bonnet of yours above the induction kit... Bit of drain pipe coming from the top and a 90 degree bend facing forward and you got yourself some FORCED induction!

Bit like those American muscle cars innit!

ave_drag.gif

VrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooM!

ChrisBowe82

alright mate, couldnt help notice the thread, my 1.4 mk2 used to do 0-60 in about 14 seconds (60bhp) so I think you've definately done well getting it down to 10 and a half. The way I put my cold air feed was to the right (from drivers point of view) of the engine, straight through to the upper front grille, never took the car further than that though.

But I think that the 10.5 sec 0-60 time is still nippy for a 1.4 mate, nice one

KSRY

How much did you actually spend with the chipping, the filter and the tubing? Was it worth it? Cus I'm thinking of doing it to my 1.4 but if it's not worth then I won't.....

donovan2123

Jan 14, 2007
Oxford
i spent £245 for remap! Airfilter was £70(usually £230) but it wasnt made for my car! and they dnt make them for my car so i improvised. Tubing was £4.60 for 2 meters. I did buy some aluminuim ducting but it started to come apart after i tryed it with 4/5 differenct applications! When i get some change im going to get some more alloy ducting as its beter and i can imagine it stays cooler!
still got few things to do to car such as lowering it as this will stop drag and could boost performance(COULD) and cat back system maby full that will have to be free flowing! as i dont really think im gettin best out of air filter with standard ristrictive exaughst. Then its body cupra front bumper and side skirts, back bumper splitter, HIDS 8000k, and abit of colour coding maby some m3 mirrors

I changed gear at 5000revs to get 10.4secs it was also wet and 2 it was coming out of a parkin layby so it wernt a perfect straight

Yes it was worth it but only if your looking to keep car for few years which i probably wont but NEVER MIND

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.