How is everyones air filter set up?

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
You must be getting so much heatsoak with the filter there, you havent even got a cold air feed going into the end of the viper!!!! My idea would be to run a cold air feed from the wing/front of bumper into the end of the filter like a viper should be set up. If the filter is 100mm or smaller in diamater it will fit in the wing you just have to move the battery forward. My cold air feed is 100mm it is tight but it fits.

David.

donovan2123

Jan 14, 2007
Oxford
why thank you sir,lol!

Where can i get some decent hose for cold air feed as i bought that stuff from halfords and its rubbish.

donovan2123

Jan 14, 2007
Oxford
il will try home base 2moro! what size ducting do u have im guna put inductiong kit close to battery as possibale so its close to wing then cold air feed down wing might even pop out fog light cover duno if that will look silly thou

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
My ducting is 100mm but your proberly better off going for 75/80mm if the apperture is around that size. You might be better off going to smith and low off hollow way in cowley i expect there have a much bigger vairity and cheaper too.

David.

donovan2123

Jan 14, 2007
Oxford
air filter sorted i think brought ducting from smith and low oxford! is that a good set up now????

11052007017.jpg

11052007018.jpg

2nd picture is in the grill jabbed next to radiator so it wnt move! went out in car to let car heat up then touched induction kit which was very cool and touched pipe which luck warm further up pipe wer its touching radiator

car accelerates alot more thing i noticed thou is that i have lost the roar! could this be down to incuction kit being for from intake!

May 2, 2006
put your filter back where it was and run the ducting down from the other side of the filter into your wing.......

if its only wedged in, it will come loose ........

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Indeed filter was fine where it was just needed the ducting running down to the wing, Move the battery forward aswell so the ducting isnt crushed and out of shape. Your getting there ;)

David.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
it looks ok its where most open coned filters end up, but it doesnt look very secure and could bounce about and dislodge itself from the ducting, It was more secure in the 1st place, Move it back mate and just run the ducting to the wing. thats what i would do anyway.

David.

donovan2123

Jan 14, 2007
Oxford
would that course heat soak putting it back!!! the fact that filter is closer to engine! also its secure i have zipped tied hoses which are connected to induction side to secure

May 2, 2006
would that course heat soak putting it back!!! the fact that filter is closer to engine! also its secure i have zipped tied hoses which are connected to induction side to secure

you have got a cold air field and your filter is 'sheilded' ...... think logical mate....

move it back .........