F1's or stick with PZERO?

neilmac

Just starting to tweak...
Jul 12, 2006
Long story short..only need to replace one tyre at the mo....will need to do the other 3 in about 6k time I reckon...so start the process off and go fo F1's now or stick with PZero?

Who reckons F1's are better - out of interest?

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Tomorrow I'm having Goodyears fitted to my LCR as the PZERO's have worn unevenly, despite using perfect tyre pressures. 6k use out of a new set of tyres is poor considering I do mostly motorway miles. Add that to the shoddy grip and poor wet weather handling and I cannot wait to get shot of them and get something decent on the car.

neilmac

Jul 12, 2006
So are we saying that F1's wear better in terms of mileage out of them?

neilmac

Jul 12, 2006

hmmm...doing 400 miles a week I like the sound of that....guess I will get the OSF done but bring the backs to the front and vice versa so Ive got two tyres the same on the front........Bracknell tyres is round the corner from me so at £94 all in......have it.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Tomorrow I'm having Goodyears fitted to my LCR as the PZERO's have worn unevenly, despite using perfect tyre pressures. 6k use out of a new set of tyres is poor considering I do mostly motorway miles. Add that to the shoddy grip and poor wet weather handling and I cannot wait to get shot of them and get something decent on the car.

Worse on motorway driving than they are elsewhere, general concensus wa the sidewalls were less rigid than some other tyres and at speed they deformed....the car is riding more on the centre of the tyre than the outside at high speed in a straight line.

If this is true I donlt know but it makes sense as they always wear in the middle first.

As I say lots of wheel spinning to scrub the F1's in isn't compulsory....infact brand new ones in the wet are a little scary.....take it easy and after a while they improve no end.

F1's better than Toyo T1's in my experience too

Last edited:

Gnollins

Bosh!
Jul 24, 2006
Yarnton, Oxfordshire

My front PZeros have worn unevenly as well Rob, middle has worn much more then the outer edges, I've checked their pressures weekly (kept them at 33PSI). They've lasted 9k miles.

I'm replacing them with GS-D3s at the end of the month.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
I thought the F1's didnt last as long as the p-zero rossos as they were softer?

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
F1's are useless under 3mm. Pirelli vs. Goodyear (high-end tyres) Goodyear... hands-down.

But why the F1's? Plenty of other choices out there. Don't go for the same as everyone else because they've become almost house-hold name on this forum. Read some reviews and consider Bridgestone, Falken, Toyo and Yokohama etc.

F1's are good tyres.. don't get me wrong and I know plenty of people that swear by them.. but I use my car for fun and work.. I can't justify buying F1's which in my eyes, will always be track-day tyres.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I'm buying the F1's as I have first hand experience of them on another car (Puma) and they are excellent. That combined with the daft amount of positive press they get on this forum makes it a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned.

There are many other tyres that are just as good, possibly better. But it's not something I can afford to experiment with @ £105 a corner. So instead of not buying F1's just because I want to rebel or don't want to look a sheep.... I'm buying them because I know what I'm getting, I know they work and I know they work well!

neilmac

Jul 12, 2006
which way to go thats the question....Ive got the problem of wear in the centre of the Pzero - that said there is 13k on the clock (tyres from new) - a lot of motorway miles.....

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.