fitted split r

cupraNCS

Apr 9, 2007
Port Glasgow
Fitted my split r today, but to be honest i thought it would be louder, also it doesent make a noise everytime i change gear or come of the accelerator just does it sometimes:confused: could this be cos i have a standard airbox? or is this just normal?

cupraNCS

Apr 9, 2007
Port Glasgow
Its fitted with the part the air comes out facing towards the back of th car and i'm sure its fitted right cos when i tried it the other way it made no noise at all:confused:

Cuprajohn

The Cupra Kidd
Feb 24, 2007
Isle of Lewis
have you adjusted it all the way anti clock wise.
you should be able to make mine out here.
025.jpg

cupraNCS

Apr 9, 2007
Port Glasgow
its not quite positioned the same as that, u have an aftermarket induction kit though so that could make a difference. Does the top part need to be turned fully anti clockwise before u turn the engine on, then it rattles or sumit like that?

Cuprajohn

The Cupra Kidd
Feb 24, 2007
Isle of Lewis
it wont aways rattle but it should dump, ye turn it fully anti clockwise, then adjust it clockwise untill you happy with the response

Cuprajohn

The Cupra Kidd
Feb 24, 2007
Isle of Lewis
Thinkin about kei force 10's in hyper black, dont really know how much the wheels a worth 195/45/16 et35, 2 new toyos and 2 part worn toyos offers welcome

cupraNCS

Apr 9, 2007
Port Glasgow
yep its the standard airbox at the moment. Looking to get a green dynatwist sometime in the future, would this make a difference?

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
Its standard thats why u dont get a noise, like acid said you will be boosting 7/8psi which aint much. Get your car mapped and you will soon have some noise off there.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.