Wheel refurbs!

danmay

Fast cars, shooting stars
Mar 25, 2007
Stafford
www.myspace.com
well, got the car back from chips away today and they did a cracking job to be fair, you can't tell where the scuffs were the only minor is that the wheel's got a wierd softish finish to it if you did your nail into it it dents a bit so if it gets kerbed again i could be in trouble but to the untrained eye you can't tell!

am quite pleased with it, £64 seemed a bit steep but its worth it to get the car looking good again, MUST BE MORE CAREFUL AROUND KERBS!!!!!!!

Andydurbs

Feb 11, 2007
i had two wheels done about a year ago by some random company in bury manchester and when i got to fitting them i actually damaged the paint whilst putting the centre caps in, i think its cause they just spray them with a can and thats it.

so this time i got my seat fr 17's powder coated in graphite grey :) a lot stronger finish even more so than the original finish.

oh and it only cost me £50 a wheel with balancing etc....

Last edited:

Jonh Smith

did you asked if that paint will came of with gas or diesel? try it, it will all came off

JimmyDerv

well, got the car back from chips away today and they did a cracking job to be fair, you can't tell where the scuffs were the only minor is that the wheel's got a wierd softish finish to it if you did your nail into it it dents a bit so if it gets kerbed again i could be in trouble but to the untrained eye you can't tell!

am quite pleased with it, £64 seemed a bit steep but its worth it to get the car looking good again, MUST BE MORE CAREFUL AROUND KERBS!!!!!!!

It will be fine, he has used a 2k lacquer it will take a couple of days until its rock solid,

and leave it a few weeks if your planning on using any abrasive cleaners

Jonh Smith

Did anyone said that it would only came off with fresh paint??? try it with 1 year and it will came off easilly. I know it because i'm a Chipsaway franchiser and I have tryed it

JimmyDerv

Did anyone said that it would only came off with fresh paint??? try it with 1 year and it will came off easilly. I know it because i'm a Chipsaway franchiser and I have tryed it

I can smell something :rolleyes:.....Which area do you cover then? If you like you can send me a PM with your details and we can discuss this further, and I am also sure head office would be interested to hear all about your new marketing technique....... oh and it’s Franchisee

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
You tell him! ha ha! :)

My mate did mine, used special laquer and they're fine, like you said they go off within few days, as long as they are prep'd correctly...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.