• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Dogbone mount

cliveyp

LCR Abuser
Jan 11, 2006
Worcester
Job done, and what a difference! Not much extra vibration considering how stiff the new bushes are, so an excellent trade off for a smoother gearchange, and what seems like instant power delivery! No more thump as the engine tries to turn itself upside down when pulling off!!

All in all, top mod for the money i'd say.. Torqued up as the Neuspeed guide says, only when it asks for an extra 1/4 turn, we only managed about 1/8 turn before it jsut wasn't really possible to crank it anymore in the restricted space we had. Will see how it bear up over the next few hundred miles (which will take me a while, so bear with me) and report back! So far, so good!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I had mine done and I noticed that there is no more thump and the power delivery is more more responsive. Although being a derv the vibration is more noticable, hopefully it will die down after 2 or 300 miles or so.

satilaboy

Jan 13, 2006
I've had the torque setting checked twice on my powerflex bushes and it still makes no discernable difference.

waste of time and money.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
i've read somewhere u can up your idle rev range to 1000rpm using vagcom? is this true?

Yup. Info is posted in the VAG-COM forum section I believe. I'd not recommend it personally though, as 1k rpm is too high to idle. It's not really a cure for the problem here, it's just a botch job way of ignoring it.