Fuel Gage Issues

tinbum

Mar 31, 2007
Bournemouth
Dont know if this is a problem or not.

Last month I took my LCR to Hemel Hempstead. When I filled it up (£43.00 approx), the fuel gage was showing slightly over full..........I live in Bournemouth and when I got to Fleet services (M3) the gage was still showing full. I filled it up again and it took £17.00 untill the pump stopped pumping. I then drove onto Hemel Hempstead. At Hemel Hempstead I took the inspection cover off the tank and it was full to the brim.
This suggests that once the fuel gage says full, it will actually let you pump nearly another £20 into it.

Is this right ? Doesnt sound right to me, but I have never run out of fuel, or noticed any problem with it in the past or around town.

Anyone got any ideas please !!! :)

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
Sounds about right, i drove 75 miles today without the gauge moving.

red14uk

yeah ive noticed that too on my 54 plate, ive also noticed that once you get to the bottom 1/4, your fuel runs out alot faster than the other 3 1/4's and the light normally comes on mid way thru the last 1/4.

tinbum

Mar 31, 2007
Bournemouth
yeah ive noticed that too on my 54 plate, ive also noticed that once you get to the bottom 1/4, your fuel runs out alot faster than the other 3 1/4's and the light normally comes on mid way thru the last 1/4.

I'm glad its not just me, I too have noticed that the gauge drops quite quickly at the lower end...in fact, when I got home after that particular trip, the next day I did a fair few miles around town, and it dropped like a stone. :cry:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.