MAFs dieing

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
just a quick question my maf has now gone twice in a month ,took it to jabba n they recon its because its vibrateing,

its on a forge tip n dynatwist left open cone but its held firm by a brakit do you guys recon thats a bit bolax, i mean it a car for god sake there gunna vibrate

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
just a quick question my maf has now gone twice in a month ,took it to jabba n they recon its because its vibrateing,

its on a forge tip n dynatwist left open cone but its held firm by a brakit do you guys recon thats a bit bolax, i mean it a car for god sake there gunna vibrate

I don't think a solid bracket onto the MAF is a good idea.

the_prophet

Jul 28, 2006
try mounting the two ends of the bracket on rubber gromets or spacers, thats how i've got my ram air fitted and not had any problems since doing it.

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
na m8 its like this
DSC00146.jpg

DSC00147.jpg

DSC00145.jpg

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
it smells of petrol when i start it up n it used to boost up to 22psi then setal down to 17/18psi it now just flicks up to 20 psi then setals at 15 psi:shrug:

any idears im going back to jabba on sat morning to take there induction kit back witch i have decided not to use

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
Stick the heatshield back on it. I did the same as you, fked my MAF & lost boost. Youre just sucking in hot air without that shield

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
ive already tryed that n that dnt make a defference,,,,,,,,,

i also wanna keep all them nice noises,recon im gunna have to buy one of them CAI from ebay

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
ive already tryed that n that dnt make a defference,,,,,,,,,

i also wanna keep all them nice noises,recon im gunna have to buy one of them CAI from ebay

You need a Split R Valve boss, U get the sound then. Ive got same filter as u and its quieter when the sheild is on but performs better.

Get the split R Valve and u will have some decent soundage coming from the car

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
herd they wernt that gud tho m8

They will be different for different people, Ask gav the lad about his, his is really loud.

Mine makes a lovely sound too, 10 x louder than mmy old re-circ. Suppose u need to meet up with somone near you to hear it for your self.

From my experience the valve is fantastic, superb sound and no problems

jsparks

do you really think jabba were giving **** advice? i would honestly edit your first post mate, seems like many people are too quick to put companies down, without giving them a chance.

MAF can fail anytime, and usually cos of vibration, hence why stock airbox's are sealed and rubber mounted.

wazo

Oct 13, 2003
lincoln
Visit site
as said earlier put the cover back on the filter, the dynatwist isnt an open cone filter and shouldnt be used as one i dont have any thing holding my maf in place and ive had no problems with it since i had the car about 2 years

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.