Gettin DAB power out of my 1.4 16 valve

Poverty

Anyone know how to get the extra 15 hp out of my 1.4? I would guess the only difference between the two are the throttle bodies?

Can anyone confirm this, or has the detailed engine specifications of both cars?

Regards :)

Poverty

Don't Revo do a remap for the 1.4?

They do indeed! Never would have thought that seeing as its a small engined NA car. 8% to 10% power increase they claim which is minimal, and doubtful in my mind. However it wouldnt hurt to try the free trial.

Good response so far anyone else got any more info :D

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
wont be a good power increase on the remap for the 1.4 but it would make it more responsive and nicer to drive aparantly probably onlylikely to gain 5bhp with a remap!

cams would be your best chance - ever thought of getting a more powerful car ????

Poverty

wont be a good power increase on the remap for the 1.4 but it would make it more responsive and nicer to drive aparantly probably onlylikely to gain 5bhp with a remap!

cams would be your best chance - ever thought of getting a more powerful car ????

18yrs 0 ncb, high risk post code = 4 grand premium from most insurers(going by confused.com), 3 grand from tesco.:cry: :censored:

Im gonna have to wait a while till my premiums go down till I can upgrade to something with a turbo.

Not till saturday that I take delivery of my 1.4 .Just intrigued really as to how the DAB makes its extra power TBH.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
ever considered the pd130 diesel model cheap on isurance and can be pritty quick too! ipay less on my cupra and im only 19!

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
also confuced .com is poo!!!!!!try admiral oinline and elephant they are really good and you can play around with you details and add additional drivers to get your premium down!

Poverty

also confuced .com is poo!!!!!!try admiral oinline and elephant they are really good and you can play around with you details and add additional drivers to get your premium down!

Ok thanks i will try them. I wonder if I add my GF my premiums might lower. :)

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
i tryed every1 but puting my mum as a second driver kncked it down loads im only paying 1500 for my cupra petrol :p

Poverty

Damn Id love that price on my 1.4 let alone a cupra. My problem is that my mum had two seperate accidents in quick sucession about two years ago, so she doesnt help me that much. :(

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.