can any tell me what bhp i will be getting

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
It DOES make a difference as Hooch and Nick will testify!

oh yes, a hell of a difference, but it's not good for the life of your turbo!! with a forge actuator, my K03s was spiking at 27psi, that's the LOWEST jabba could get it to spike at when they mapped it. it was holding 16-17psi aswell then eventually dropping to 11-12psi by the redline. it did however go bang after a couple of months. :D

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
why couldnt the actuator be adjusted then to stop the 27psi spike?? forge test all their products quite strictly before they let them loose on the open market and they qoute that its good as a direct replacement?

high on dirt

Jun 25, 2006
Interesting i have one of these sitting on my table in the front room! Waiting to be fitted! I have a K03s and am now wondering if this is going to blow the turbo to bits! I think the car has an apsolute map! Some different chip been put in the ECU for sure. Not to sure what to do now as i dont have much control over the map! ummmmmmmmm

Cupra_Wayne

263.6bhp / 285lbft.....
Oct 11, 2004
Herts
Interesting i have one of these sitting on my table in the front room! Waiting to be fitted! I have a K03s and am now wondering if this is going to blow the turbo to bits! I think the car has an apsolute map! Some different chip been put in the ECU for sure. Not to sure what to do now as i dont have much control over the map! ummmmmmmmm
Personally I wouldn't risk it mate. However, it all depends on what Forge have set it to.

high on dirt

Jun 25, 2006
the thing is the standard one has turned into a floppy Donkeys love muscle! and is so easy to move about with your hands. I might get it fitted it its spiking to high then off it comes!

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
acid - that's true, it just makes a difference to the initial kick but ruins your turbo, i think forge probably intended it to be used with a bigger turbo than a K03s.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
i dont really know about the circumstances surrounding the fitment but my guess would it depends on the application.

something would tell me that somewhere there was a lack of experience/knowledge/communication on jabbas behalf with regards to this part and that they should never have wound in the actuator. the load can be adjust with replacement components just like the forge recirc valves so i dont see why they should have had to adjust it manually by winding it down.

at the end of the day (in my head) it's basically a lever that opens the WG and not much more, so how this created the vast amount of boost and killed the turbo by itself i cant see

all speculation though and hardly criticism

Last edited:

seli_babe

Don't Mess....
Nov 22, 2005
Bedfordshire
im not sure my self its first turbo ive had but its not suppose to let boost leak off cos at minute im hitting21psi then it drops off to10psi cos ive not fitted it yet so it should hit and hold what ever u set it at it cost me £100

What map have you got (assuming you haven't got stg 1 when you posted this comment)??? Correct me if I'm wrong guys.. but doesn't std biza's only have about 5psi...

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
well i have since replaced it for a standard actuator, my car is only spiking at about 18psi now and jabba told me to wind it out a little bit more? i was planning doing it, should be ok shouldn't it?

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
btw beaver69 - it will not hold the boost that it spikes at. even the bigger K03s can't hold it's boost and tails off to about 11psi by the redline. mine did and i had a forge actuator.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
well i have since replaced it for a standard actuator, my car is only spiking at about 18psi now and jabba told me to wind it out a little bit more? i was planning doing it, should be ok shouldn't it?

i cant really tell you what to do mate, i'm no tuner :whistle:

but really the general opinion is that you shouldn't adjust the load on the actuator . it should be left in the stock position and mapped from there.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Wind it in to get more preload, wind it out will keep the WG open longer so you dont have a large spike. Its called cranking the wastegate.

And if you wanna play with the WG settings, go ahead, but do it with VAG COM and an sps controller if you have Revo.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
im not sure my self its first turbo ive had but its not suppose to let boost leak off cos at minute im hitting21psi then it drops off to10psi cos ive not fitted it yet so it should hit and hold what ever u set it at it cost me £100

So your saying that your hitting 21psi with out a remap? Either your car has already been remapped without you knowing, Or your having a laugh. :lol:

David.

Im only spiking to around 21/23psi and im running more mods than you and a stg 1 revo. (my psi could be more as my gauge is only a 20psi atm :doh: )

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
lmao, i missed that one.

Your car has been remapped, spike at 21 and falling to 10psi near enough at redline is spot on for the stupid small k03.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.