Boost Gauge Reading! (Autogauge)

Martin CUK

CruisinUK.com
Jul 13, 2004
NW
www.cruisinuk.com
When mine was standard except for CC Stage 1 my gauge showed 10/11psi, all the way through the revs. Standard is 6/7psi. On deceleration in gear it'll show -30vac.

I'd take it to a tuner ASAP and get them to check, they'll be able to tell you what software it's running, what kind of map it's got. Then get it set up properly so you enjoy all of those mods!! :D

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
could the vaccum pipe collapse on pressure causing a -30 figure? because the standard vaccum hose that is supplied with these guages are crap and you need to put aftermarket one on.

pilsbury

I'm also having issues with my AutoGauge boost gauge,

Reads -30 on decellaration, and about 10psi on full boost, the cars been custom mapped by Jabba, has a full cat back, Jabba induction kit and a DV30R, also the DV30 is chattering on blow-off nopw, whereas it was nice and crisp before...

Need to look into it further really....

Smoki333

Dec 20, 2005
Wiltshire
standard cupra should boost to 6/7 psi and the cupra R will boost to 9/10 psi

as said above why are you running a k03s without a proper remap :confused:

Well mine is boosting 8/9psi and holding throughout.

The mods as just been added and in the process of looking for a remap when funds allow. I first thought it was remapped but am now thinkin twice as the boost is so low, but pulls alot quicker than standard cupra. (Why im now thinkin Cupra R ecu)
Just trying to see what people think of the situation.

Last edited:

Smoki333

Dec 20, 2005
Wiltshire
Mines a standard cupra with standard ecu and autometer gauge t-pieced at fuel pressure regulator, mine reads 10-11psi peak and holds at 9psi? had a debate on this before and is you check my threads you'll see photos on it and a little video clip.

Can't find it. Go a link??

cheers

Smoki333

Dec 20, 2005
Wiltshire
I am confused, you said in your first post that you bought the Ibiza and thought it was standard, then on the next line you say it has some sort of chip

Then a couple more posts later, and you say it has a Ko3s!!?

If it had the Ko3s on when you bought it, then I'd suspect its had a remap.

I bought the ibiza cupra as advertised standard and owner never said anythin about Changing ecu or remap nor any reciepts.
Then once i had a straight line race with my mate (Which was meant to be runnin 200+) I was side my side with him! His had alot more mods then mine and i was more or less standard.

So thats why im confused to why its this quick an boisting to only 8-9psi.

The first post was a year ago 2006, this is a update with mods done now and still low boost.

Smoki333

Dec 20, 2005
Wiltshire
Did you try changing the boost gauge?
On idle mine reads -20vac and on deceleration in gear reads around -24vac
Mine is still currently boosting to 10psi after my remap (still tracing faults) and it doesn't feel that much different to before the map when it was standard boosting at 8psi).

Tried a different gauge and still samething :cry:

Smoki333

Dec 20, 2005
Wiltshire
When mine was standard except for CC Stage 1 my gauge showed 10/11psi, all the way through the revs. Standard is 6/7psi. On deceleration in gear it'll show -30vac.

I'd take it to a tuner ASAP and get them to check, they'll be able to tell you what software it's running, what kind of map it's got. Then get it set up properly so you enjoy all of those mods!! :D

So i can take it to someone and they can tell me!!??
If Standard/ Remap!!! :clap: ??

Smoki333

Dec 20, 2005
Wiltshire
I'm also having issues with my AutoGauge boost gauge,

Reads -30 on decellaration, and about 10psi on full boost, the cars been custom mapped by Jabba, has a full cat back, Jabba induction kit and a DV30R, also the DV30 is chattering on blow-off nopw, whereas it was nice and crisp before...

Need to look into it further really....

Findout what it should be boosting at then, i know some remaps boost really low but pull the same as a remap boost higher i.e 9-10psi as to 18psi Revo (example)

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
check the code on your ecu if i can remember rite a cupra R ecu ends with the letters AB.

Smoki333

Dec 20, 2005
Wiltshire
Done a quick log but hit some traffic.

4th gear run on from 2k to redline but hit traffic before i got to redline, i was at full load on turbo 3600 revs/1490 request, 1450 delivered.

Nothing over 2000mbar

So probably running cupra R ecu

(Unless i would have hit 2000mbar later in the rev range???) but doubt it.

Last edited:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Done a quick log but hit some traffic.

4th gear run on from 2k to redline but hit traffic before i got to redline, i was at full load on turbo 3600 revs/1490 request, 1450 delivered.

Nothing over 2000mbar

So probably running cupra R ecu

(Unless i would have hit 2000mbar later in the rev range???) but doubt it.
sounds stock to me.
MAP sensor says 6.5psi @ 1450mbar abs pressure

you would see 2400mbar peak request low/mid range on REVO for example
does'nt sound like an R ecu boost level from these figures.

Smoki333

Dec 20, 2005
Wiltshire
I'll give you a call bill and get it checked out.

If not remapped then i'll be defo getting a map asap.
I thought the car was fast already!! Can't wait for a map if it hasn't :drive1:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.