My new arm rest

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
Had my new arm rest delivered yesterday. Been pondering over it for a while, wondering if it would fit with Recaro's etc. but I finally bit the bullet and got one at quite a good price from Germany (£94 including tracked airmail) :D

Been out fitting it today using a guide that was posted on here a while ago :) Took me about an hour, including a fag break :p Hardest part was finding my tools 'somewhere' in my hell hole of a garage! lol :rolleyes:

Anyway, here it is...

LCR004.jpg

:funk:

wibbly

Looks great, if there's one thing missing on these cars its a centre armrest :)

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
Looks great, if there's one thing missing on these cars its a centre armrest :)

Agreed...having gone from a Passat with armrest my left elbow now feel redundant :)

That said £94 is a little steep, I'll just get the other half to support said elbow for time being.

LCR User

Stage...
Jan 17, 2006
Looks great! Snug fit ........but is it just me or does the plastic bit of the arm rest look blue? Not black? :confused: :clap:

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
Think it's probably the camera flash, it is definately black, same as the rest of the plastic trims ;) Also, does look bit of a snug fit in this pic, there is actually about 1/2" gap between the arm rest and the seats.

Last edited:

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
Very pimp! LOL.

I want one, was driving my dads Audi before and it felt so much nicer having an armrest......its the little things :)

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
looks great
ive done everything but fit mine
just have a bare metal bracket in my centre console-how lazy

LCR User

Stage...
Jan 17, 2006
"That'll be your eyes...Its just another variation of black"

"Think it's probably the camera flash, it is definately black, same as the rest of the plastic trims Also, does look bit of a snug fit in this pic, there is actually about 1/2" gap between the arm rest and the seats."

I'm going colour blind!!

Any links of where we fellow Leon members can get one from?

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
Unfortunately the seller hasn't got any listed at the moment :( He had Mk4 Ibiza arm rests going for less than £50, and a Mk1 Leon one went for around the same price! Gutted I missed that one! lol

Keep an eye on ebay, search for "Mittelarmlehne-Original-Seat-Leon-1M"

There's a Seat dealer in Austria who's always got a load on there for about £107 plus postage (have seen it down to £102 when the exchange rate is in our favour ;)).

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
Got one in the tolly and for motorway journeys they just rule! Its odd driving without one now and I find it uncomfortable.

Defo worth it, some people find it harder to drive (gears/handbrake) but you adapt quickly. I simply use the palm of my hand to pull the handbrake up and just clicking in the end it drops on its own. Drive with the arm rest all the way down and its easier to change gear.

If you are pushin on however down a country road it would be worth putting it up.

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
Here you go... 3 Leon 1M arm rests (Dutch Auction - highest 3 bids wins) :)

Don't bother with the buy it now, once there are 3 different bidders they'll all end up on a Dutch auction and the three previous auctions I've seen haven't made it back up to the "buy it now" price ;)

Same seller I got mine from... beware of the last second German bidders :(

Might even get it cheaper than I did! ;)

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members