Taxi 1,2,3 (film)

Offspringy

Hey all

im refering to the sound that the taxi makes (peugeot 406 2.0 v6)

could anyone tell me what kinda of engine / exaust you would need to get that kind of sound out of a car?

im guessing the difference in petrol and diesel engines would make a difference?

if anyone has seen the film (origional french versions) could you tell me what you would need to acheive this sound (as im not a fan of the sound the corsa boys get) loud n cheap, i like a more tinny "brrr" to the engine.

http://srv12.movie-list.net/carl/Taxi_640X344.mov

thanks again to all that reply!

Last edited by a moderator:

Offspringy

i could imagine its not the acctual engine of the taxi, as on scenes you can hear the real engine over the dubbed "reving" version, but is there any way or any exaust or simple mod you can do to get that "style" of sound, aposed to that actual car (as you mentioned its not the same kind of engine)
and i only used the name so that people knew i was on about the white taxi film :p

thanks again peeps

p.s. Taxi 3 is a very funny film, better quality, and hurry up! taxi 4 is on the way (peugeot 407 with ralley kit weee!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
plus as it was a 2.0 petrol 406 that makes it a 2.0 Turbo.

but most of the noise was fake

Offspringy

Unsure, i know its in 2007 sometime, its in the filming stages rightn now, if not post production see link below:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0804540/

and its grait to know all the cast is still the same, would suck if they used others, ;)

Theres something dead funny about hearing the french say "le misse..on, la COBRA!"

cheers

Offspringy

O man, brilliant!!! that looks the funnyest yet! thanks!:lol:

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Edited this as ive just watched a bit:

Sounds like a 4 cylinder - apparently taken from the old 2.0l 406 touring car but sounds more like a motorbike to me lol

Last edited:

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
a v6 sounds VERY different to a 4cyl:rolleyes:

Yes im aware of that, Its about 30-40% higher pitched. But what im saying is the car may well be a V6 but it blatently has an Inline-4 sound dubbed over. Probably from some highly modified touring car that is limited to 2.0l and revs to around 10-11k

Why else do you reckon the throtlle keeps blipping mid car chase - he aint driving it like that!

Last edited:

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
its FAKE.

The motorbike noise is just dubbed on top of the film...

Specially as he seems to have 15 gears!!!