Missing My Cupra

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
Morning guys, bit of a weird post no doubt, but ive been outta my Cupra for 3 weeks now and riding around in a 1.2 corsa courtesy car :cry:

The reason im missing it today is......its -5.5 outside....Cupra would be loving these temps, instead im stuck in a 1.2 corsa that sounds like a sowing machine :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I can sympathise with that entirely!

I've been without my LCR for nearly three weeks also and was stuck with a 1.6 Renault Scenic to drive around in!

But even that's useless as I can't drive anywhere anyway as I've just had a knee operation! So at least you can get out and about if you want to :(

Do you have any idea when your car is going to be ready for collection?

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
Well it was last fri, then they said the bonnet is on back order so it will be monday if we dont ring and say otherwise, so i rang yesterday and she said wednesday!

So i had a little winge about them not ringing and letting me no, so now im waiting for a call before 11 today to tell me its defo wed!

Madness!

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Let's hope it is Wed then mate! More importantly, let's hope they have done a superb job on it all!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
in -5.5 all i would have been thinking about is black ice not how fast my car would go. However i know what you mean :)

Boz

LSE 16v
Feb 4, 2007
Wiltshire
funny thing these cars, you dont know what you got till its gone.. must be love :redface:

So so so true, I had similar 'withdrawal symptoms' from my ... *whispers* CRX Vtec, missed that loads...

at least ull get it back soon then really appreciate it, or appreciate it even more!!!

DamoR

Smoked!!!!
Oct 9, 2006
Birmingham
www.myspace.com
know exactly what you mean lee but also dont you find driving around in somebody else's courtesy car is a weight off your shoulders? You don't have to wash it, you can park it anywhere and not worry about it and you don't find yourself with your nose poking through the front curtains everytime you hear a noise outside ;)

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
know exactly what you mean lee but also dont you find driving around in somebody else's courtesy car is a weight off your shoulders? You don't have to wash it, you can park it anywhere and not worry about it and you don't find yourself with your nose poking through the front curtains everytime you hear a noise outside ;)

To a certain extent....i washed it last saturday :redface: :redface:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton

Totally! Get in, drive, get out. That's about as much as I'm worrying about it. Oh, I do worry about petrol though... I'm trying to use every last drop so I don't have to put any more in than necessary! It doesn't have to go back with a full tank, so it wont be! :whistle:

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
same as me, i had the fuel light flashing yesterday cos they were meant to be picking it up, not till fri now :( :(

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
Is this right that we should have to keep chasing?

Im just gonna leave it now, wait for them to ring. The bonnet was on back order, but the lady said it had arrived now...we'll see :)

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
No it's not right, it would be nice to have an update every now and again without having to chase things.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Nope! Phoned at 9:45 this morning for an update, was told somebody would call me back. We'll see.... *sigh*

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members