Cupra's 210 / 225

matt225cupra

i already have a dump valve, and i know the guy at my local revo dealer, so itl just be £499!!!... but thanks for your concern... cant wait.lol. YEAH

medadgotacupra

to tell if your cupra is 210 or 225bhp look at the mirrors. the 210 is the earlier model which has square mirrors the facelift leon has oval mirrors which is the 225bhp lads.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
to tell if your cupra is 210 or 225bhp look at the mirrors. the 210 is the earlier model which has square mirrors the facelift leon has oval mirrors which is the 225bhp lads.

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

How many times:doh:

If you had bothered to read the previous posts in this thread you would find your statement is incorrect.

210 cars had the teardrop wing mirrors. IT WAS NOT a 225 upgrade:doh:

medadgotacupra

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

How many times:doh:

If you had bothered to read the previous posts in this thread you would find your statement is incorrect.

210 cars had the teardrop wing mirrors. IT WAS NOT a 225 upgrade:doh:

I am sorry, no need to shout, that post was from my 14 yr old son who obviously didn't read the previous threads, but is very well up on cars usually, please don't take it personally... [:@]

andycupra

status subject to change
easiest way to tell the 225 from the 210 is the steering wheel.
the 225 has the chunkier wheel with red strip on the top.

(its been said on here before, but ive said it again)
and if you are seriously looking at a car look at the engine number to be sure.
BAM = 225.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
I am sorry, no need to shout, that post was from my 14 yr old son who obviously didn't read the previous threads, but is very well up on cars usually, please don't take it personally... [:@]

We do get very tired of people joining up and not bothering to read the rules before posting. It's rather rude, as is contributing to a thread without taking any note of the efforts people have made in it earlier.

I'm sure your son will make more effort in future. Welcome to our forum, there's a wealth of knowledge and help here. :)

Steve Austin

New Boy

Sorry to cut in with a random message but I am picking up my New 225 tomorrow after a 28 month ban. Just wanted to say hello and I can't wait. :D
Can any one tell me rough 0-60 stats with a revo or similar?
Also excuse my ignorance but isn't having the car tuned not going to seriously reduce it's life expectancy. Keen to get mine done but think I will get used to driving again first lol

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
28month ban:blink: May i ask why:doh:

0-60 does not improve much as the more power/torque you feed through the front wheels, the more the wheels are not going to get traction and just spin.

At best 6.0 because of this:) (0-60 is a rubbish indication anyway)

Cars with remaps have been proven at 100,000 miles so yes it will probably cut the life of the engine, but by how much who knows:shrug:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Also excuse my ignorance but isn't having the car tuned not going to seriously reduce it's life expectancy. Keen to get mine done but think I will get used to driving again first lol

Depends how you drive it. If you drive everywhere at full throttle then yes it will shorten the life. But if you drive normally most of the time, only giving it the boot every now and again, then it shouldn't affect it at all. When cruising or driving lightly it wont be under any more stress than a non-mapped car.

Steve Austin

The Story begins......

First day back behind the wheel. Clocked up 140 miles. Love the car, couldn't have wanted any more.:funk:
Big thumbs up from my car loving mates. No need to tune at the moment for me.
Did find the Brembo's a little soft at one point. Not sure if it was break fade or new pads but worried me a little slowing from 120 at one point. Any comments? Thought these were supposed to be the Biz. I had done about 50 miles already.
Also found out that it has a litlle computer on it. Didn't realise until my clock on the left dial started to show the outside temp. After pushing lots of buttons I found the adjuster. Not sure if it was a good thing though as I also found the MPG reading. :cry:
Still if you want to go fast is a price you have to pay. Can't think of better all round wheels for the price I paid for mine and from a dealer too. SMC Windsor£12,200 for a Mint '04, Silver. Fresh rubber, just serviced for the second time in 3,000 miles. 22,650 miles when I collected. Comes with a one year warranty. £1,000 less than a civic type r I tried with 35,000. Hated it.

And for those curious yes it was a few too many beers. Never again. Wrote of my 172 cup in the process. And about the insurance check this out.

6 points (speeding), £9,450 total loss claim attached to the DR10 with on going personal injury claim. No NCB 28. .......... £1785. Get in. £1,000 less than any other quote I could find. Only 500 x/s too.

sparky22

hi mate i just bought a 225 model and the guy at the seat garage told me that if it a pre 53 reg it's a 210 model if its 53 and on it should be a 225 model (im relying on a salesman tho mate!:lol: ). hope that helps.

duckson

Apr 8, 2004
...but worried me a little slowing from 120 at one point. Any comments?

28 month ban and doing what i assume is that in mph on a public road? they'll throw away the key next time mate! :-o

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise