Cupra's 210 / 225

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
May(ish) '03 registered cars had the teardrops.

But honestly guys, this has all been discussed in the other threads...

matt225cupra

The LCR 225 has that little vent under the SEAT bagde on the front bumper... the LC 210 & 180 dont ave this. and at the minute that is all i know to be the oly visual difference on the bodywork of the cupras

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Err, yes the 210 does, the bumpers are EXACTLY the same (front and rear). Also, there is no such thing as a 180 LCR, so you're wrong on that part too I'm afraid.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
There's no such thing as a 210 LC either :lol:

Some people do get mixxed up between 180/210 and 225 models.

But before making a post you should at least try and be correct in what you are saying:doh:

210 is an LCR buddy, not an LC and it is identical to the 225.

The differences (steering wheel/badge etc) have already been covered in this thread:rolleyes:

matt225cupra

if anyone in here has a LCR 225 which has been remapped can you let me know what the differences are actually like.. i want to get mine remaped, but before i go for a free trial, just wanted to know what performance was like, and if you can relly notice the difference!!
Thanks All

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
if anyone in here has a LCR 225 which has been remapped can you let me know what the differences are actually like.. i want to get mine remaped, but before i go for a free trial, just wanted to know what performance was like, and if you can relly notice the difference!!
Thanks All

With an increase of 80lbft of torque and 45bhp, you'll certainly notice a difference especially overtaking on motorways in 5th/6th gear.

6th gear pull on a mapped car feels like 4th gear pull on a standard car if that makes sense.

I believe the free 5 hr trials are only at 80% of the full thing to expect aswell, so when you test it on its free trial, it will be even better when its on the car for real:)

matt225cupra

mint.... i know jabbsport do the rolling road remap, which gives you the exact figures of performance your car has... is this worth getting, or should i revo it at my local revo dealer (10mile away, jabbasport is approx 150). At revo £499 i get the free trail but not the actual figures, however at jabbasport £475 i get actual figures and not free trial. which is worth doing

matt225cupra

revo are my closest dealer by far, just aong the A1 and im there... as i say jabbasport are a canny drive, but il know the actual stts of my car there and then...and its cheaper. and ive heard alot of ppl say Jabbasport are the better of the 2... but i dnt know... what sort of power would you say your LCR has at the minute??

matt225cupra

275 with a stage 2 revo... how is that...i would expect 275 from stage 1 revo with a decent performance induction kit...ie Viper... wouldnt this give you the same power???

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Realistic figures for a remap are 265bhp (Anything else is generally an exaggeration)

Jabba spend 4 hrs mapping the car and it involves RR time.
Revo spend 20minutes on your car and does not offer RR time.

Jabba offers on the move boost control adjustment
Revo offers an SPS dongle but car must be switched off to adjust.

Make your own mind up, i was in the same situation. Nearest revo 10mins away, Jabbasport a 3hr drive.

I chose jabba:) But not knocking revo here, i just opted for what i personally thought was best.

Jabba do not offer a free trial though, revo does!

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
275 with a stage 2 revo... how is that...i would expect 275 from stage 1 revo with a decent performance induction kit...ie Viper... wouldnt this give you the same power???

The cars start to max out at 275-280bhp and thats with full exhaust including downpipe + sports cat/ Induction/FMIC and hoses.

Like i said a genuine 265bhp is made from stage 1 and 275-280bhp at full spec stage 2.

Jabba rollers may say 270-275bhp from just a remap but take it with a pinch of salt. I myself recorded 273bhp from just a stage 1 remap on their rollers but i never ever believed it. More like 260-265bhp as their rollers are renound for being ''generous''

K04 turbo cannot flow any more to get you past a genuine 280bhp.

To gain that extra 10-15bhp on top of the 265bhp. You need to spend £700 on a FMIC, £700 on exhaust, £200 on induction, and £200 on hoses, + labour charges for fitting so about £2200 for that extra 10-15bhp that all these mods will give as a total.

£2200 (ish) is a lot of money to make it to stage 2 spec for a measly 10-15bhp increase. However these are just headline peak figures, the car does become quite a bit quicker as everything is upped through the entire rev range, not just in the peak power figures.

Last edited:

matt225cupra

thanks all for your, help now im goin to bed and to have a serious think on which perofrmance company i wil chose.. all your replys have been great and i wil keep you informed with my decision.. take care ppl. cya

matt225cupra

hey all, think im going revo...its closer and i can try free trial... so im goin for that on wednesday, then the real thing nxt week. yeah!!! £499.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004

I think you'll find its £499+ VAT = £586

Then you'll need an uprated DV at a further cost of £100.

The standard valves at higher boost levels cannot cope and are much more prone to failure. It is advised to replace the valve for an uprated version.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.