Out Last Night....

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
Was on my way back from visiting the in-laws last night when all of a sudden one of these started racing right up to my behind and backing off over and over, like he wanted to race???:shrug:

2103597FsqnWirFlk_th.jpg

it had a set of fat alloys on it and a huge tailpipe and what looked like Phil & Grant in the front seat.

So, I thought, I have two options, I'm in 4th gear so do I just pop my foot to the floor and leave the rusty piece of cr@p standing or do I not even give it the satisfaction. Bear in mind the Mrs is preggers and its a wintery evening..... what did I do??

..... maintained 40mph got off at the next exit and went about my business, shame... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
Very sensible especially with the mrs been preg :)

People always try stuff like that when i have the baby in the car....

obvo i dont race

i just.... smile and wave boys, smile and wave lol.

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
Very sensible especially with the mrs been preg :)

People always try stuff like that when i have the baby in the car....

obvo i dont race

i just.... smile and wave boys, smile and wave lol.

you should have seen the state of this thing, it should not even be allowed on the road, it even had tinted windows and the tailgate had a massive 'FOR SALE' sign on it with a mobile phone number. I mean come on, honestly can you imagine some dude somewhere, wakes up each morning looks out the window at that, that, THING!! and actually is proud of it I mean .... :wtf:

I had some 18year old in a suzuki swift (by name only) with a fat exhaust try a traffic light grand prix with me the other day....he deliberately was in the wrong lane and wanted to cut in front of me.....

I had to laugh!! :lol:

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
does make you laugh like little spotty 17 year old who have obviously got a loan and gone down halfords to see what crap bolt on stuff they can buy...

I mean some corsa gave it large (as they would say) i looked and there all gorping!! understandable when you see my silver bullet and he nudging forward well i was in a playful mood so made him look like he'd stopped at traffic lights, sad i know but just the look on there face when they catch up after you've stopped, has to be done!!

j2vw

i tend to drive sensibly most of the time but when ever some pr**k in a modified saxo or corsa starts tailgating and showing off to their chav m8s and then try racing me from traffic lights its gotta be done to put them in place and show them how **** their cars really are!! i ease off once they know they were easily beaten and they race past about 10 seconds l8r going flat out trying to prove that their cars arent so bad to their m8s lol. would be more fun if i had a gun tho

I remember ages ago I was with a mate in his Lotus Esprit GT3 when one of those vans tried it at the lights....

I mean, come on!!! (bearing in mind that lotus did 0-60 in 4.7.....) :wtf:

Last edited:

Deleted member 7729

I've had that, left a corsa for dead by leaving the lights with a little more throttle. They've then come back down the road and over taken me and a few other cars on a hatched area. I thought I'd be an arse hole at that point. Phoned the police and notified them of the loon on the road and I kept them up to date with were the car was. About a mile later a traffic unit picked them up. I then pottered off about my own business.

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
MikeyS, you mean sod :p (also: good work hehe)

I do enoy these few and far between encounters with kids in Corsas. Can't understand why they do it, myself. I used to try force bigger, better cars to show off their accel. or handling when I was in my XR2... so maybe that's what they're doing? Trying to see what your car is capable of. It's a possibility, I suppose.

Either way, it is satisfying to utterly dominate these £3000 Saxos with £3000 of girly flip paint and Ripspeed Billy Bolt-on accessories and wheels that weight 50KGs each.. I know they'll never win, but I show them how it's done just so all the little 18 year olds in the car with him know the score.

Incidentally, Stretch79.. you're a Colchester local, hm? I'm working here at the moment.. in Severalls. Do you ever take your car for a drive around the Tendring area? Might be a laugh to meet up sometime and exchange anecdotes :D I'm based in Clacton -no shortage of idiots in Corsas/Saxos/Clios/Skips. (Notice I leave out Fiestas? :p)

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
MikeyS, you mean sod :p (also: good work hehe)

I do enoy these few and far between encounters with kids in Corsas. Can't understand why they do it, myself. I used to try force bigger, better cars to show off their accel. or handling when I was in my XR2... so maybe that's what they're doing? Trying to see what your car is capable of. It's a possibility, I suppose.

Either way, it is satisfying to utterly dominate these £3000 Saxos with £3000 of girly flip paint and Ripspeed Billy Bolt-on accessories and wheels that weight 50KGs each.. I know they'll never win, but I show them how it's done just so all the little 18 year olds in the car with him know the score.

Incidentally, Stretch79.. you're a Colchester local, hm? I'm working here at the moment.. in Severalls. Do you ever take your car for a drive around the Tendring area? Might be a laugh to meet up sometime and exchange anecdotes :D I'm based in Clacton -no shortage of idiots in Corsas/Saxos/Clios/Skips. (Notice I leave out Fiestas? :p)

Hello mate yeah im afraid so im in colchester, have plenty of the above mentioned to but fiestas more so :whistle:

severalls know the place isn't to far im in stanway, have been through tendring yes thats my little rally stage area ;) got a SeatCupra.Net sticker in back window!

yeah be good to meet up you should come to an essex meet one day!!

Chris 16v

Nov 10, 2005
There is a guy on Migweb called rich who has a standard white astra van with a c20let in it, now that is quick, persoannly not into the sleeper look but some love it!

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
I am a big fan of the sleeper thing, actually. Firstly, you've got insane power in the shell of a regular, run of the mill car. I bet that makes for some shocked faces, when out and about :)

I know Stanway, Stretch79. Yeh, I'll keep my ears to the ground with regards to Essex meets. Be nice to chat to like-minded people!

Hehe, Essex rally stage, eh? If you want to shave years off your life through sheer terror, I'll get the bloke at work with the P1 to take you along the back-roads between here and Frating :) *omg*

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
i thought people knew that those astra vans were the fastest cars in the world, more so when with a roof rack, i mean you always get one on the tail when on a motorway wanting to get past when your happy at 70-80

i normally let them go and just clap and smile, might not after an episode on that link you gave stretch79

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I have to disagree. The fastest car in the world is a hire car ;)

I'm currently driving a Renault Megane Scenic 1.6 VVT while my LCR is in to have the passenger side resprayed.

And I can categorically claim, beyond all doubt, that this is nowhere near the fastest car in the world :lol: :cartman: [:@] :censored: :lol:

It's so painful. Having said that, it's still amusing to overtake chavved up Roy Bacers in their Saxo's on the motorway while screaming at the car and pushing the steering wheel in a vein attempt to make the car move faster :clap:

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Heh. Hire cars.. ones driven by Ghurkas, fresh from 6 weeks army-training, who have no understanding of the English language and who fail to slow with the rest of the M1 traffic and in-turn, write-off my XR4x4i?!1?!?!?!!? Damn Hertz! Tell me my car is worth £600, tops, will you?! [:@]

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.